Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to ping Cobham Services again to see if they were considering EV charging.

I had a positive reply from them - it doesn't though specify the type of charging. The worst case is Chargemaster /non rapids, best case & most likely is surely Ecotricity rapid chargers. Interesting they mention 2

I'm chasing them for clarification
---
Thank you for your email regarding EV Charging at Cobham Services.

I can confirm that we are having two Electrical Charge points installed at Cobham and these should be working within the next six weeks.
---

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Or a Rapid and a 32A? On my weekend jaunt to Brum I was surprised to find a few M-way sites had an Ecotricity DC Rapid and an adjacent post with 2 x 32A Type 1 sockets.
This was the way Ecotricity started installing chargers, then they decided to stop adding the Type-2 units

·
Registered
100 Posts
I called into Cobham yesterday. There are two Ecotricity rapids ready to go. I don't know when they came online but I'm surprised there was no tweet from Ecotricity and they don't exist on the Electric Highway map. I am delighted that they are there, it will make a big difference to those of us who regularly travel up the A3.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That would have been the perfect place for me to recharge when I go to Harrow to see my mother - if I didn't have an Ampera, which can't rapid charge! :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
They will certainly make my Gatwick runs easier. Excellent news.

·
Registered
100 Posts
image.jpg
Tesla-d at Cobham services M25 and the CCS charger is still not working.
Thanks to the kindly new Leaf owner who let me charge in front of him once the care-free Tesla crew sauntered out. They were just out having fun- fair enough, I might do the same if I had a Model S!
The Leaf guy hadn't heard of Speak EV, but he has now and he lives in a block of flats and all charging is done on rapids. He is hoping to get a charger installed in the car park of the flats - good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been tesla-d a couple of times. Of course they're entirely legitimately charging... so one can't really complain even though my heard sinks on the sight... The leaf range is a pain for longer journeys even though I do my fair share of them. I just have to plan with a backup strategy and plenty of spare time in mind knowing this could happen.

I'd be very happy with a tesla too - decent range as a buffer, top up where you can, but don't stress about it. Hopefully we'll see more tesla superchargers going in so that they can get all that massive amount of juice quickly. Good for them and good for other EVs without that option.

They are lovely looking cars!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts