Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the app won’t connect to pre-heat the car! Hmph! Wander out in my pjs and start it up manually! What’s the world coming to ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
No problem starting mine 10 minutes before I was due to leave. I like the fact it turns on the steering wheel heater as well. It was still plugged in and according to my IHD it was drawing 2kW.

Setting the car's timer is only useful if you leave at the same time every day (and in my case, if at all :)).

·
Registered
39 Posts
My App would not connect either this morning, so I logged in via the web page and turned on the heater there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem starting mine 10 minutes before I was due to leave. I like the fact it turns on the steering wheel heater as well. It was still plugged in and according to my IHD it was drawing 2kW.

Setting the car's timer is only useful if you leave at the same time every day (and in my case, if at all :)).
Mine finally connected - and was using 3.5kW (I was plugged in too). I didn’t realise it would use straight from the charge plug - my electric wasn’t in off-peak ;-) - but the powerwall supplied for 20 minutes before I got out there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do you use the web site? My app has been unable to connect for the past 2 weeks solid. Luckily I still go to work at the same time each morning and can set the climatic timer, which works well either connected or disconnected form the charger.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Mine finally connected - and was using 3.5kW (I was plugged in too). I didn’t realise it would use straight from the charge plug - my electric wasn’t in off-peak ;-) - but the powerwall supplied for 20 minutes before I got out there....
The benefit of turning on heating while it's still plugged in is that you are not depleting the battery. Even at peak rate, you're still talking peanuts.

How do you use the web site? My app has been unable to connect for the past 2 weeks solid. Luckily I still go to work at the same time each morning and can set the climatic timer, which works well either connected or disconnected form the charger.
Is it logging in successfully in the first place? If not, Nissan recently changed the password requirement to be more rigorous, so the password needs at least one each of upper case, lower case, digit and special character and (I guess) a minimum length.

If it's not even logging in, you may need to visit the You+Nissan web site to reset your password.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the "my leaf"app as a backup to the Nissan app.

The my leaf app is really stable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have been a regular critic of the Nissan EV connectivity but have to say mine's been fine for the last 2 or 3 months

1 - 12 of 12 Posts