Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Leaf 30, and wanted to test charge at a Polar charger. Went to Coleshill Parkway and it was in a section of car park locked off from the public? A total wast of a charge point.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It's a railway station, operates 24/7, what if I had left my car charging when open? What is in their heads, why deliberately make things difficult?
Run by London Midland so I have emailed them, auto reply says they are dealing with emails from 10th March at the moment so only 3 weeks to wait then?

Registered
That probably coincides with when they unlock the car park so yes, it's all good :)

I think one of the biggest disappointments I found when I got an EV was that one by one most of the local charge points effectively vaporized one by one as I discovered the reasons why I couldn't use them. Most were either dealers, hotels or intended for employees of a private company (why are those even on the map!)

Coleshill...not much out your way. Don't bother trying sutton coldfield - it's been out of action for 4 months and still isn't working. By which I mean is still lying on the floor.

p.s. look on zap-map at the comments, someone came 2 hours after you and got the station master to open it for them. o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The difference was that I was not desperate, just wanted a familiarisation run.
Stationmaster needs a rogering for being so unfocused on customer facilities.

That probably coincides with when they unlock the car park so yes, it's all good :)

I think one of the biggest disappointments I found when I got an EV was that one by one most of the local charge points effectively vaporized one by one as I discovered the reasons why I couldn't use them. Most were either dealers, hotels or intended for employees of a private company (why are those even on the map!)

Coleshill...not much out your way. Don't bother trying sutton coldfield - it's been out of action for 4 months and still isn't working. By which I mean is still lying on the floor.

p.s. look on zap-map at the comments, someone came 2 hours after you and got the station master to open it for them. o_O

Registered
The difference was that I was not desperate, just wanted a familiarisation run.
Stationmaster needs a rogering for being so unfocused on customer facilities.
if enough people make him, he'll probably just leave the gate open rather than keep having to open and close it.
Can't imagine coleshill station being that busy on a sunday though, being in the middle of almost nowhere. But you never know. If it were a rapid, it would be quite handy for me when going down the m42!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts