Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Corsa-E will be delivered to the Dealer in the next couple of weeks. What is the current software version ? and how do I check this on the Car ?

Is there anything else I need to check before accepting delivery ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exciting times!

Take it for a test drive when you pick it up to make sure you're happy. The ECU firmware should be updated and you can't check version numbers for that, but as long as the range counts down 1 mile at a time you're good.

The latest infotainment update is dated July 2020 IIRC, and you can check that on the main screen (it's under the settings somewhere clear, hut I can't remember exactly where). This is easy enough to update if you've got a PC and big USB stick, so I wouldn't let that stop you taking the shiny new car home!

What colour spec and colour did you go for?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Exciting times!

Take it for a test drive when you pick it up to make sure you're happy. The ECU firmware should be updated and you can't check version numbers for that, but as long as the range counts down 1 mile at a time you're good.

The latest infotainment update is dated July 2020 IIRC, and you can check that on the main screen (it's under the settings somewhere clear, hut I can't remember exactly where). This is easy enough to update if you've got a PC and big USB stick, so I wouldn't let that stop you taking the shiny new car home!

What colour spec and colour did you go for?
Thanks for the info. SE NAV PREMIUM in Silver (gray quartz) .

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
232 Posts
When you test drive it, check for rattles and noises from the trim and body parts, as much as you can. There have been a few incidents of loose trim making noise and even one incident here on the forum of body parts rubbing one against the other.

Other than that, just enjoy :)

·
Registered
Vauxhall Creak e SE Nav
54 Posts
Yes, I hope your Quartz grey SE Nav doesn’t creak like an old barn door like my one does, you’ll definitely notice it if it is. I’m hoping it’s just a one off if I decide to take a replacement one.
Make sure you get the handbooks (they have no pouch and are in a slot in the glove box).
Also ensure the bag is in the boot with the type 2 charging cable.
The dealer I used forgot to charge mine, so I had to wait 3 hours for it to get enough charge to get home, so make sure it is charged.
Don’t be rushed on the handover, check for scratches internally and externally.
Definitely check the SE wheels, the black parts seem a bit soft, so easily scratch and chip from my experience.
There is not a lot more to suggest, other than to enjoy it, and what will be, will be!

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-E
8 Posts
I picked mine up last Thursday and when I set it up on the MyVauxhall app it said it needed two software updates for the Navigation and Infotainment which surprised me.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
232 Posts
I picked mine up last Thursday and when I set it up on the MyVauxhall app it said it needed two software updates for the Navigation and Infotainment which surprised me.
As mentioned, they don't bother updating the infotainment software because that's something that the owners could do themselves.
The main concern should be "main' system software updates, and that should be up to date when the deliver the car, but we have no way to check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts