Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Renault retailer is delivering my car to me soon and wondered if there was anything I neede to do prior to taking delivery of the card ( not including insurance etc). Also I have spoken to Renault Customer Services recently and they said they were setting up Rlink (?) and would email me the details and they haven't done as yet.

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,746 Posts
If you’re getting a rented battery, read the contract carefully before signing. While I think it mightn’t be relevant anymore, at the time I bought my blue Zoe (in 2015), some dealerships were in the habit of setting customers up on a 3 year battery hire agreement for a 2 year PCP. The consequence of this would have been, according to my contract, that I’d effectively have to buy myself out of the third year battery hire at the end of the 2 year PCP when I handed the car back and it would have costed over £1,000 to do so. Anyway, might not be relevant anymore but still prudent to read your hire agreement carefully.

Check the SD card is present and call Renault UK to set you up a connected services contract. This gets you the code you need to create your account. It takes them a couple of days to do this so, if you already know the car’s VIN, I’d do this now.

If you want to, take an OBD2 dongle and CanZE to check the battery SOH at handover. It should be on 102%, by all accounts.

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
Congratulations :)

The charging cable being present is an obvious thing to check. I got my Rlink code from the dealer, activated on line and it took about 36 hours to go fully active. As soon after delivery as possible update your map in a PC or Mac. You only get one shot and have (probably) max 30 days to do it. The latest map (when I looked at weekend) was still Apr 18, so a bit out of date vs. retail TomTom!

My battery was 101% on delivery and is now 100% at 5K miles, but not something to worry about really. You can't reject the car if it has 99% ;)

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
Oh it's very relevant - They still do. I got my 65 plate and they whacked me with 3 years and despite the dealer taking it back over it's still on my credit file. The new one is 12 months also showing next to it.

I got all my activation R-link stuff in the pack that the dealer gave to me - including all the money stuff and terms etc.

You can't set up with just a VIN you need the R-link serial number which you can only get from the card and the toolbox, as far as I know anyway. I tried to do the same but the serial number got me

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
You are so going to go on an extended drive and check out a rapid before you go home - you just know it :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got all my activation R-link stuff in the pack that the dealer gave to me - including all the money stuff and terms etc.

You can't set up with just a VIN you need the R-link serial number which you can only get from the card and the toolbox, as far as I know anyway. I tried to do the same but the serial number got me
Renault Customer Services have set this up for me - just going to check it out now.

Thank you all for your inputs, I did ask about the 3 years on the battery lease and was told that if I sell it at say 2 years then the battery lease has to be taken on by the new owner - this rings true as earlier this year we bought a used Zoe for him and the chap that was handling the sale had to sign a form for the battery lease before he could take it away from the auction site. My brother contacted the people handling the battery leases and they sorted him out with the new battery lease without any extra to pay, just the monthly payment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts