Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About six months after my Leaf Tekna 24 went back, and we went down to just one family car - a 10 year old 7 seater Toyota Verso - we finally decided to go back to an EV. This time it'll be our only car and the Toyota is going as a trade in.

We ordered an Excite in Blue back in October, and were told likely December to Jan delivery. Well roll on to December and that's now put back to Feb. Rather than wait (and given general shipping/freight calamities at the moment I'd be amazed if they hit that target) the dealer offered us a Black one that's just arrived. Seen as there are no options you can really order, and I'm not fussed about the colour, that'll do!

It's my wife's car and she works for the local school so we got it on the Affinity program. The dealer was very upfront and said they don't haggle - and to be fair, £20k for an electric Astra Estate is pretty decent value. We did beat them up a little on the trade in too (and our car isn't in A1 condition after an altercation with a Pheasant).

All the press fleet and demos seem to be Exclusive, so I haven't seen a review of the Excite yet so it's a bit of a leap of faith. Having placed the order one thing you should be aware of is that the Type 2 cable is a £180 extra and only the granny lead is included. On the plus side, the brochure suggests even the Excite now gets Nav.

The insurance was interesting as the plate wasn't on the system yet, but we got there. Should be a new green plate too.

Right, I'm off to find the V5 and the third key for the Toyota. I'll report back tomorrow!

·
Registered
MG5 EV / Zoe ZE50 R135
27 Posts
About six months after my Leaf Tekna 24 went back, and we went down to just one family car - a 10 year old 7 seater Toyota Verso - we finally decided to go back to an EV. This time it'll be our only car and the Toyota is going as a trade in.

We ordered an Excite in Blue back in October, and were told likely December to Jan delivery. Well roll on to December and that's now put back to Feb. Rather than wait (and given general shipping/freight calamities at the moment I'd be amazed if they hit that target) the dealer offered us a Black one that's just arrived. Seen as there are no options you can really order, and I'm not fussed about the colour, that'll do!

It's my wife's car and she works for the local school so we got it on the Affinity program. The dealer was very upfront and said they don't haggle - and to be fair, £20k for an electric Astra Estate is pretty decent value. We did beat them up a little on the trade in too (and our car isn't in A1 condition after an altercation with a Pheasant).

All the press fleet and demos seem to be Exclusive, so I haven't seen a review of the Excite yet so it's a bit of a leap of faith. Having placed the order one thing you should be aware of is that the Type 2 cable is a £180 extra and only the granny lead is included. On the plus side, the brochure suggests even the Excite now gets Nav.

The insurance was interesting as the plate wasn't on the system yet, but we got there. Should be a new green plate too.

Right, I'm off to find the V5 and the third key for the Toyota. I'll report back tomorrow!
You can buy Type 2 cables cheaper elsewhere. I got mine from evcables.co.uk.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can confirm that the Excite has Nav, Cruise, auto lights, electric mirrors and rear camera. The cloth seats are also super comfy and have a quilted texture to the centre panel. The key has a flip out blade like VW group used 20 years ago.

Very pleased, especially for the price!

Will buy a single phase 32A cable online later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can confirm that the Excite has Nav, Cruise, auto lights, electric mirrors and rear camera. The cloth seats are also super comfy and have a quilted texture to the centre panel. The key has a flip out blade like VW group used 20 years ago.

Very pleased, especially for the price!

Will buy a single phase 32A cable online later.
So pleased you like it. I pick up my Exclusive in a couple of weeks and have to say I'm getting quite excited. I didn't realise the Excite had auto lights, which is good. My current VW key is a flip out one ;-)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Amazon sell type 2 cables on Prime. £150 free next day delivery. Probably same day if you’re in the right area

1 - 9 of 9 Posts