Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's pickup day for our new Kona

Arrived at dealership just before 9am was welcomed in and dealership manager came down to say hello

New car was waiting outside and all very shiny

Was advised they had applied the DiamondBrite protection package for us free of charge and it has new mats in it free of charge and 60k service plan set up

Advised a tech had come up from head office a couple of days ago to check it over and add any updates. It seems there has been another infotainment update since the latest numbers. Seems the infotainment is now showing the dash speed rather than GPS speed in last version

Nothing to sign already had V5 a few days so jumped in and headed off 150 miles to Central London

Gave it a gentle run to London cruise set at 68 all the way and used 46% battery over 150 miles

App is great as will be 3 phase charging. Actually looking forward to Konaring again

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it charge at 70+ kW though? :ROFLMAO:
Yep gave it a quick tickle on Ionity to check. Not too long though or bankruptcy would have loomed

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

Must admit I like being able to watch a movie on the screen while charging, little thing but very useful.

Had a tinker with the car to try and work out Build date, newest components I can see are dated 5th May 2020, so its a fairly new one, if it didnt leave Korea till Mid to Late May.

And Finally got our Electricity on to Octopus Agile, must say was impressed only went live with them on 28th Aug, and they have already moved us onto Agile from Midnight tonight.

Congestion charge exemption registration was a lot quicker than it used to be emailed them a copy of the V5 Friday at 10am and by 4pm Friday it was registered.

So longish day 310 miles done, glad to get out of London before the Extinction Rebelion clowns brought it all to a shuddering halt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks.

Must admit I like being able to watch a movie on the screen while charging, little thing but very useful.

Had a tinker with the car to try and work out Build date, newest components I can see are dated 5th May 2020, so its a fairly new one, if it didnt leave Korea till Mid to Late May.

And Finally got our Electricity on to Octopus Agile, must say was impressed only went live with them on 28th Aug, and they have already moved us onto Agile from Midnight tonight.

Congestion charge exemption registration was a lot quicker than it used to be emailed them a copy of the V5 Friday at 10am and by 4pm Friday it was registered.

So longish day 310 miles done, glad to get out of London before the Extinction Rebelion clowns brought it all to a shuddering halt.
How do you watch videos on it while stationary? Just got mine yesterday 😁

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MKV or AVI files on a USB stick use the usb socket in the charging tray area.

You can then browse to media and watch the films etc on the screen when car is stationary

·
Registered
295 Posts
MKV or AVI files on a USB stick use the usb socket in the charging tray area.

You can then browse to media and watch the films etc on the screen when car is stationary
Vicky,
Thanks for the Octopus referal link. :)

John Eden

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vicky,
Thanks for the Octopus referal link. :)

John Eden
Hi John

Thanks for that, was a surprise to see it used, Hope you get on well with them, We have only just switched to Agile but all seems well so far..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi John

Thanks for that, was a surprise to see it used, Hope you get on well with them, We have only just switched to Agile but all seems well so far..
No problems Richard.
Been in an eight month battle with my current supplier and I've had enough - Have been looking at Octopus for a while so decided to go for it. They say that they can "adopt" my Secure branded SMETS1 meter, so I'll be joining you on Agile if all goes well.

John.

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts