Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had many sudden ghost stops when Leaf sensors misinterpreted an obstacle while in moving traffic . Another thing was Collision warning ⚠ light coming on while in the settings showing as ON . Lastly , our first long drive after lockdown we turned on the pro pilot in the 50 mile an hour stretch of the motorway and car lost power , was rolling and slowing down and warning ⚠ came on about sensor not activated . Shouted at hubby to turn pro pilot off and then power came back Luckily, roads were mostly empty ... Finally today car is at Nissan garage and they just phoned to say no abnormalities detected during software tests and will take it to the motorway to see if fault appears . Could anyone care to help me out here as what’s likely to be happening?

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,621 Posts
Front radar probably. There was a recall/TSB on some of the Leaf 40s. I'd bet the dealer will have no idea about it.

I had mine chuck up a warning but I think it was the weather and someone hurling themselves around a roundabout right in front of the car. It had a warning for several minutes after, then it just cleared. It's not done anything untoward really since then.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front radar probably. There was a recall/TSB on some of the Leaf 40s. I'd bet the dealer will have no idea about it.

I had mine chuck up a warning but I think it was the weather and someone hurling themselves around a roundabout right in front of the car. It had a warning for several minutes after, then it just cleared. It's not done anything untoward really since then.
Thanks for that -will do some more research into front radar and recall.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got phone call from Nissan saying that after test drive couldn’t find any faults and when I mentioned photo( above) got put on hold and after told , “ ok collect your car today , we will order new radar under warranty, will book you in when ready “ 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I find that fault has potential to cause an accident so quite concerning that been treated casually...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts