Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks back I was unfortunate/stupid enough to misjudge my position as I turned into our driveway, thus scraping the nearside rear door, the wheel and some trim pieces. Mea culpa.

Not serious in the scheme of things but bad enough to need fixing.

Cutting a long story short, when the body shop came to repaint the car, they couldn't find the paint formulation codes, so the repair went into delay.

Apparently the underlying cause was that the original paint is not legal for application here, so colour codes were needed for UK legal paint. They have now been supplied, and apparently the car is painted up.

Our car is a Pimlico Blue Exclusive.

If anyone else is unfortunate enough to need a repair, you might want to flag to your body shop that it might be sensible to check the paint formulation codes first as last, so that any snags can be sorted before the car is sitting in the paint shop, not when it arrives.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
A couple of weeks back I was unfortunate/stupid enough to misjudge my position as I turned into our driveway, thus scraping the nearside rear door, the wheel and some trim pieces. Mea culpa.

Not serious in the scheme of things but bad enough to need fixing.

Cutting a long story short, when the body shop came to repaint the car, they couldn't find the paint formulation codes, so the repair went into delay.

Apparently the underlying cause was that the original paint is not legal for application here, so colour codes were needed for UK legal paint. They have now been supplied, and apparently the car is painted up.

Our car is a Pimlico Blue Exclusive.

If anyone else is unfortunate enough to need a repair, you might want to flag to your body shop that it might be sensible to check the paint formulation codes first as last, so that any snags can be sorted before the car is sitting in the paint shop, not when it arrives.
Your post comes with is a mixture of feelings.
I am genuinely sorry that you have damaged your car first of all, but the info that you have provided as a result of your bad luck is brilliant.
If that had been MY car, the first thing my wife would have said is this :-
"I am only thankful that it happened when YOU where driving it and not me".
It is always a worry when you require paintwork to a single panel due to colour matching issues.
My guess is they will blend / lose the base colour into the front section of the rear quarter panel and the rear section of the front passengers door and then, clear coat all three panels to get a perfect match.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts