Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly wasn't too fussed about the Comfort update. I'm probably one of the few early adopters who didn't run out and get it. Ok the bongs are a bit loud on start up, but I rarely heard them when underway, because I rarely had the opportunity to use MG Pilot, and on the occasions I did I saw them as a necessary evil.

Well yesterday I took my ZS for its first service and decided what the heck, lets get the update, mostly for the range on dash and outside temperature.

Wow! what a transformation. The new start-up "pling" is so much better than the "bong bong" of before. And I can't believe how quick I've got used to not hearing it. The dash is so much quicker to finish its checks. I'd normally be halfway down my street before the last "bong bong" went off. Now its silence.

And MG Pilot is a revelation, MG have clearly don't more than remove the bongs, I only had 1 instance where the car lost the lines for a second or two.

If your in any doubt if its worth it then listen to all the folk who had it done before me, they were absolutely correct. Its like a new car.

Also the latest BMS update, I really wasn't bothered about that either, I had the range I expected and I was used to little to no regen at high SOC having had the same quirk in the Zoe before but wow, such a small change for such a big improvement. Regen from fully charged is quite alien to me, but I'll get used to it soon. And I look forward to the Covid stay local order being lifted so I can test the slightly unbelievable 182miles range. :ROFLMAO: Lets see if I can pull a WLTP beater like I pulled a NEDC beater in the Zoe.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Aye it is how the car should have been when it arrived.

In summer you'll manage to beat WLTP easily with smooth rural A-Road and town driving: 4.5mpkWh is manageable without having to drive as if you have a tall glass of Macallan 18yo balanced on the dashboard.

Just don't expect >3 on the motorway at 70.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently seeing estimated range of 172miles in Eco (my preferred steering feel option). Driving 50miles around my area and still has 120+miles range remaining. Last summer I saw in excess of 4.5mpkWh plenty of times.

Motorway range is its let down. In the Zoe i'd see 3.6mpkWh on a long trip, but then speed was kept down to 65mph max to ensure that range. It was easy to keep to that speed, if I didn't it meant stopping every MSA not every second one. :ROFLMAO: The MG just eats up 70mph+. Must be the extra torque over the Zoe that does it. I have used the MG Pilot a bit recently and seeing about 3.2mpkWh with the speed set to 68mph. I'm sure it would be higher, maybe 3.4 if I didn't keep pressing the go pedal to pass folk though. That's the problem with only testing over 20-30mile trips. Hoping for some proper long trips soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.