·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like it’s a done deal

should be back in a Kona from Saturday

Vicky should stop moaning then and a peaceful life should resume

5 months since going from the Red 70 reg Kona at the end of Sept last year

done just over 10k miles in the Model 3 and I have found it an OK experience. Nothing out of The ordinary and I cannot really see this all surrounding glow about the car that the fanboy community harp on about

but as far as Vicky was concerned it was devils spawn and if she could the woes of the world would have been blamed on it.

was looking at getting a Mustang to placate her but a 5 to 6 month wait for the RWD extended range, and as she really has nothing bad to say about the Kona it just seemed sensible to step back in as we could do so without any loss

when we traded in the Kona for the M3 we only had to px the car and £5k in cash after 5 months we are trading in the Tesla for a Prereg 70 reg Premium SE with just delivery miles on it for £31k and getting £4k back on top

so I can say we had 5 months and 10k miles in the Model 3 for free. A very extended test drive that proved that a whinging wife is not worth living with at any price..

So will be back around here to bitch and moan no doubt.

she better not find anything to moan about the Kona now or will be taking her on a one way boating trip.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Well it looks like it’s a done deal

should be back in a Kona from Saturday

Vicky should stop moaning then and a peaceful life should resume

5 months since going from the Red 70 reg Kona at the end of Sept last year

done just over 10k miles in the Model 3 and I have found it an OK experience. Nothing out of The ordinary and I cannot really see this all surrounding glow about the car that the fanboy community harp on about

but as far as Vicky was concerned it was devils spawn and if she could the woes of the world would have been blamed on it.

was looking at getting a Mustang to placate her but a 5 to 6 month wait for the RWD extended range, and as she really has nothing bad to say about the Kona it just seemed sensible to step back in as we could do so without any loss

when we traded in the Kona for the M3 we only had to px the car and £5k in cash after 5 months we are trading in the Tesla for a Prereg 70 reg Premium SE with just delivery miles on it for £31k and getting £4k back on top

so I can say we had 5 months and 10k miles in the Model 3 for free. A very extended test drive that proved that a whinging wife is not worth living with at any price..

So will be back around here to bitch and moan no doubt.

she better not find anything to moan about the Kona now or will be taking her on a one way boating trip.
Richard, I envy your financial acumen...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But on your classified thread, you said you were losing 6k on the Model 3 :unsure:
losing £6k of the RRP not off what it actually cost me as I got more from Tesla for the Kona than it cost me hence being able to get out at no cost

it’s all very complicated and involves dark math on a back room deal with HyundaI. If I had bought the Kona at RRP i would have been £6k out of pocket but thanks to the cheap Kona it’s allowed me to get out and back into a 70 reg Kona

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some creative Man Maths going on there! Enjoy your Kona :)
Not creative at all.

I paid £31k for a 70 reg Kona I gave Tesla the Kona and £5k for the Model 3

A Hyundai dealer is giving me a prereg Kona 64PSE for £31k and PXing the Tesla for £35k so giving me £4k back with the Kona

so a real cost of £1k but if you throw 5 months and 10k miles it’s pales to nothing. In fact I would pay £1k to lose the earache Fromm SWMBO.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to see you back. Tesla itch thoroughly scratched, and you saved me all the bother of trying it myself. Thanks for that. :)
yep

secretly I am looking forward to the heated steering wheel. Had to bite my lip every time I got in the Tesla and not moan about it otherwise Vicky would have been hah ha told you

Also come summer the cooled seats are a godsend being a lardass. Was not looking forward to not having them.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final straw was yesterday... I made her drive on a 200 mile work trip. Only 2nd time in 5 months she has driven it more than 10 miles

And as she drove into the car park there were 2 pigeons in the way as she drove slowly forward one flew away. Then there was a pop

as she drove forward a very flat pidgeon appeared in the rear camera. Followed by floods of tears and if the car had a pedestrian warning it would have flown away so it was the cars fault

she then proceeded to reverse into the charger when parking which was the cars fault as the seat is too low..

see why I gave up

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hit a pigeon with the Zoe the other day.

Damn quick those cars...
it was the it did fly away didnt it in the squeaky voice after the pop and feathers started to float up. I really almost drowned in coffee trying not to laugh. It’s really hard not being a git laughing like a loon while she is sitting there in tears.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,569 Posts
I offed a pigeon in my vitesse. Didn't even need to swerve ;) Killed a couple of sparrows with the Soul as it didn't have very good pedestrian warning either. Didn't like that at all. Poor little things.

Glad to hear marital harmony is back. Steering wheel heater is essential. Wouldn't have any EV without that now.

May as well cane another kona and make use of the unlimited mileage warranty :)

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Mate of mine hit a pheasant, stopped and walked back to pick it up. At the same time a copper pulled up, and said "You killed that pheasant, you're not allowed to pick it up & take it away." Obvs waiting for my mate to go, then he'd have it for his dinner later. Mate pulled out his wallet & showed his shotgun certificate. "Says here, licensed to kill game. Doesn't say what with!", picked up the pheasant & walked off with it. Sorted! :)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
436 Posts
I offed a pheasant a few years ago driving on to a hotel in my work suit after a day on site. I saw it transfixed in the road, then...nothing. Couldn't see it on the road out of my rear view mirror. So I pulled into a lay-by, got out and found it stuck fast in the radiator grill, dead as a nit.

Being a bit of a squeamish wimp (hey, I was in my work suit as well), I didn't fancy dealing with it there and then, in the dark, in a lay-by on the A34. So I left it there and drove another 40 miles with the bloody thing hanging off the front of the car.

Got to the hotel, tentatively asked the lady behind the front desk if they had some gloves or something and explained my predicament. She offered to do it. So I let her! :eek:

Not my finest hour.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts