Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine was built Sept '18 and is an Irish market version, which I assume is the 3 in the 381. K tells me it's technically a '19 model.
KMHK381GUKU0067xx
Hmm, maybe not worldwide? My NZ/AU market Kona EV was built Feb 19, and picked up 30 March. Its VIN is:
KMHK381GULU0290xx..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Reactions: Gadget Geek

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Ah I still would have binned the wife off or just got a cheap Toyota Aygo and stuck her in that 🤣🤣
I couldn't go back to a car without heated steering wheel and cooled seats now. Luckily my T has them both and a wiper stalk 😁 the only thing that could tempt me to a 3 would be a cheap LR version so I can enjoy quicker charging on distance runs but then, I'd have to pay for my supercharging.

Which issue do you think you'll get first with the Kona, flat 12v battery, random battery cooling issue or bluelink not working 🙈

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hmm, maybe not worldwide? My NZ/AU market Kona EV was built Feb 19, and picked up 30 March. Its VIN is:
KMHK381GULU0290xx..
That would tie in, AFAIK the batch of cars that NZ/AUS got were originally designed for the Irish market. I remember something about them originally having no working satnav as they had european maps on them, So that would tie in with the 3 designation in the VIn from Ireland

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
2,436 Posts
I was fairly sure that 'my' Kona would have been built in Czech Republic (& have an SK battery), but, if the info on that link is still correct, GULU in its VIN would indicate it was built in S.Korea (& may have an LG battery and may therefore burst into flames) - despite being a very recently built car?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I was fairly sure that 'my' Kona would have been built in Czech Republic (& have an SK battery), but, if the info on that link is still correct, GULU in its VIN would indicate it was built in S.Korea (& may have an LG battery and may therefore burst into flames) - despite being a very recently built car?
Aren't all the EV Kona/Niro built in South Korea due to such low numbers other than I think maybe a US/Mexico factory due to some import costs and other bits?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
KMHK381GULU0290xx..
AFAIK there are NO RHD Konas built in the EU Factory all RHD units come from Korea. LHD cars only from Czech to EU Market

·
2,436 Posts
Ah... that would explain it then. So does that mean it has an LG battery or do we know if they have switched battery supplier in Korea?

·
2,436 Posts
I guess it might just be case of waiting to see what dates the recall fall under. Sounds like a lot of Kona owners are going to be getting brand new batteries.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Which issue do you think you'll get first with the Kona, flat 12v battery, random battery cooling issue or bluelink not working 🙈
Maybe none of those. Had my Kona since Sept 18 and not had any of those issues (being older it does not have bluelink) or any other problems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's also a term that many would say is sexist. Not going to get into a back and forth over whether it is or not if anyone decides to start a fight about 'wokeism' (whatever that is) with me. Just felt like I should say...
Everything is offensive from somebody's point of view, and if it isn't, people will do their best to find offense. It's impossible to please everyone and no one can joke about anything anymore, so I stopped caring, and I'm happier for it.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts