Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
It's called being discreet. If you just want to get on with stuff it has a lot of advantages.

OTOH, if you want to show off and be the centre of attention ... drive a Tesla? :unsure:
Yep.. Never had beggars in central London knocking on the Kona door asking for a quid for coffee. Or the local yobs on BMX all circling. Sometimes Under the radar is nice..

·
Registered
Kona Electric, EU base with heat pump
505 Posts
...My NZ/AU market Kona EV was built Feb 19...
That would tie in, AFAIK the batch of cars that NZ/AUS got were originally designed for the Irish market. I remember something about them originally having no working satnav as they had european maps on them, So that would tie in with the 3 designation in the VIn from Ireland
An initial batch said to be of Irish spec was imported to NZ only mid-2018 with no NAV, no app and indicator stalk on the left of the wheel. Months later a specific version was configured for NZ/AU with working NAV and the indicator stalk moved to the right of the steering wheel. We still don't have the app and Aus cars don't have the heat pump. But it's entirely possible that it's still based on some other country's spec since there's not a huge market down here and the model 3 is slightly less expensive.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
the indicator stalk moved to the right of the steering wheel.
:oops:
Blimey. I thought we'd got an international standard these days, but clearly not.
I remember ...30 years ago, maybe ... our two cars having the stalks on opposite sides. Many a wipe for turn was done :)
Even now the wipers on our current two aren't the same - one is up to wipe, the other down.
HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO AGREE ON A STANDARD FFS! :mad:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Full Disclosure: I drive a Flame Red Zoe.
nowt wrong with a Zoe in any colour. Was seriously looking at getting a ZE50 after having the ZE40 before seriously under rated car that people who are badge snobs look down thier noses at, who would think different if they tried one

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
In Case You Wondered

WHAT I WILL REALLY REALLY MISS ABOUT THE TESLA MODEL 3

1: Easy Entry Seats With Memory,
as we swap drivers multiple times a day the easy entry seats that remember all settings including steering height etc for each driver was a godsend

2: The clean uncluttered Interior.

3: The Keyless Entry and Start with the Phone as Key

4: OTA Updates
Why o Why is it so hard for other makers to do this, glaring at you Hyundai,...

5: Integrated Media, Spotify and Netflix etc built in work smoothly and enhance the driver and charge stops no end.

6: General Road Presence
Feels confident and glued, responsive and a very very good drive.

7: No General Servicing Plan.
Fix it when it breaks, don't have to keep running off to the dealer handing over wedges of cash so they can kick the tyres and rub a dirty cloth over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT I WILL REALLY NOT MISS ABOUT THE THE TELSA MODEL 3

1: Use Of Energy,
The car seems to find every way possible to waste energy, staying awake, heating the battery and then cooling again straight away just illogical in an EV

2: Lack of Customisation
Great Screen, But Uncle Elon deems poor mortals should not be able to adjust any layout of the setup or change anything to suit the way they prefer.

3: Basic Autopilot
For saying this is pushed as one of the great advances, its worse than the Hyundai system, cancels every time you change lane, very glitchy.

4: General Build Quality and Paint Quality.
Lovely looking car but always squint when looking at it or you start to see the defects

5: Fanboyism owners and the church of Elon.
A Bit like Apple some owners seem to worship the brand and it can do no wrong, those that speak against it must be destroyed. Its a bloody car a tool you drive around in. Not a Deity..

6: The really really bad voice recognition....
"PLAY RADIO 6" I said but everytime I get "PLAYING RADIO SEX".. Sounds funny but it really is appalling to the point of being unusable.

There are probably a lot more of each but thats the highlights that came to mind over my morning coffee

·
Registered
600 Posts
:oops:
Blimey. I thought we'd got an international standard these days, but clearly not.
I remember ...30 years ago, maybe ... our two cars having the stalks on opposite sides. Many a wipe for turn was done :)
Even now the wipers on our current two aren't the same - one is up to wipe, the other down.
HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO AGREE ON A STANDARD FFS! :mad:
Indeed...horn and windscreen washer being the other confusion. I have angrily washed my windows at errant drivers on more than one occasion. At least the horn has definitely migrated to the centre of the steering wheel nowadays, and everyone seems to have agreed that one.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,280 Posts
A Bit like Apple some owners seem to worship the brand and it can do no wrong, those that speak against it must be destroyed. Its a bloody car a tool you drive around in. Not a Deity..
You can't speak about God Elon 🙏 and his Church of Tesla like that! /s

And you just called a Tesla = Tool. How dare you! :eek:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,282 Posts
You can't speak about God Elon 🙏 and his Church of Tesla like that! /s

And you just called a Tesla = Tool. How dare you! :eek:
Say what you like about Tesla, just don’t dis the Zoe.

Or we’ll come to your house with burning pitchforks.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Anyone want to give @stageshoot 6 months before he trades this in for a Model Y?

(Just thought I’d start the itch going now...)
No that itch is done and dusted..

Mustang Itch, thats still hovering

·
Registered
505 Posts
In Case You Wondered

as we swap drivers multiple times a day the easy entry seats that remember all settings including steering height etc for each driver was a godsend

5: Integrated Media, Spotify and Netflix etc built in work smoothly and enhance the driver and charge stops no end.

Fix it when it breaks, don't have to keep running off to the dealer handing over wedges of cash so they can kick the tyres and rub a dirty cloth over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car seems to find every way possible to waste energy, staying awake, heating the battery and then cooling again straight away just illogical in an EV

Great Screen, But Uncle Elon deems poor mortals should not be able to adjust any layout of the setup or change anything to suit the way they prefer.

For saying this is pushed as one of the great advances, its worse than the Hyundai system, cancels every time you change lane, very glitchy.

Lovely looking car but always squint when looking at it or you start to see the defects

"PLAY RADIO 6" I said but everytime I get "PLAYING RADIO SEX".. Sounds funny but it really is appalling to the point of being unusable.

There are probably a lot more of each but thats the highlights that came to mind over my morning coffee
The one feature I would like in other cars is the sentry mode. Did you find it useful?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
The one feature I would like in other cars is the sentry mode. Did you find it useful?
Very Very useful... BUT it drained power like a pig, so often you would get to the sort of area where you would want to activate it, but then had to consider if using it would affect your range too much regarding getting to a charger after you had stopped.

I was finding it was pulling about 1% from the battery in every hour of use. So when parked in London for a 10 hour working day would lose 10% (5Kw thats crazy)

Which for a dashcam is stupid no matter how good it is, As it kept the cars electronics fully awake when it was in use.

Also having the headlights flash everytime it activated tended to work against it as it drew attention to it and made people play with it..

Great idea with a poor implementation at the moment hopefully it will improve

As a Dashcam its brilliant, especially when you get rampant pugs sliding out of side roads in front of you

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
436 Posts
In Case You Wondered

I have never found any in car voice recognition system usable, ever.

Might have to keep an eye out for radio sex though - intriguing! 🤷‍♂️ What did it put on when it thought you said radio sex, BBC Radio Sussex?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Check out Bjorn's channel. He's testing the Mustang at the moment and he always give's thourough and honest reviews.
Yes I already do,,, Seems like its a bit on the Energy Inefficient side, will be interesting to see the RWD version in UK weather..

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,280 Posts
How did that work out for VW?
Very well I would say. VW managed to deliver 55k ID.3s in just 3months last year. Extrapolating to a full year, that's an easy 200k...

Reactions: DaveRich
61 - 80 of 106 Posts