Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
How did that work out for VW?
Not quite the same thing. VW were open about the SW issues and as far as I know there aren't any significant quality problems.

Tesla on the other hand continue to ship poor quality products to customers years down the road.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Very well I would say. VW managed to deliver 55k ID.3s in just 3months last year. Extrapolating to a full year, that's an easy 200k...
Read this yesterday apparently VW own a lot of them

Not quite the same thing. VW were open about the SW issues and as far as I know there aren't any significant quality problems.

Tesla on the other hand continue to ship poor quality products to customers years down the road.
There are a few posts about modules having to be changed because the dealer can't get it to update to newer software.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,280 Posts
How many 12v batteries did they replace in the same period?
Maybe you should check how many VW did not change? It will be easier to calculate. ;)
Read this yesterday apparently VW own a lot of them
Well, VW keep delivering and buying them, I can see that the ID.3 is the best selling EV in the main 9 markets in EU:
And they are on top of the brands charts with almost twice as many "buys" as the second brand...

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
It's called being discreet. If you just want to get on with stuff it has a lot of advantages.

OTOH, if you want to show off and be the centre of attention ... drive a Tesla? :unsure:
Thats one downside of having Falcon Wing Doors for sure but the rest of the time a nice colour thats not loud and is often covered in dirt anyway helps make you meld into the background i find :)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Yeah most ID3 are going to be pre-reg, or sold to the VAG leasing schemes or dealer mandated purchases to help keep their emmissions below the threshold as dont forget, they have some very thirsty cars in the group that need to be evened out...

And when you say VAG, dont forget to say the silent D just before the G :D ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well Thats it. Cars Washed & Polished.

Photos taken and stored, ready for when we sell it,.

Never have to wash it again now, Rain and Snow can do their worst. Crusts can form and civilisations grow on it But washing is not a thing we do..

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
It may get a wash again soon if its affected by that battery recall ;)

Seriously it looks nice and doubt you'll get a battery recall anyway with it being so new.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well Thats it. Cars Washed & Polished.

Photos taken and stored, ready for when we sell it,.

Never have to wash it again now, Rain and Snow can do their worst. Crusts can form and civilisations grow on it But washing is not a thing we do..
A man after my own heart, it’s what we do also......some people forget cars are waterproof and I don’t give a toss if somebody thinks it’s dirty :D

·
Registered
749 Posts
A man after my own heart, it’s what we do also......some people forget cars are waterproof and I don’t give a toss if somebody thinks it’s dirty :D
I lived in Napoli for just over 3 years and drove through the suburbs and city centre daily. I ensured my car remained very dirty throughout that time so the other drivers would see that I did not care about it. Never had a single scratch or bump the whole time. There was an exit from the Napoli bypass into the city that was called ‘The Squeeze” as it was 5 lanes into 2 lanes for the toll both. The technique for survival was to slowly always head straight ahead and never look to either side and certainly not look at the other drivers!

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,472 Posts
I lived in Napoli for just over 3 years and drove through the suburbs and city centre daily. I ensured my car remained very dirty throughout that time so the other drivers would see that I did not care about it. Never had a single scratch or bump the whole time. There was an exit from the Napoli bypass into the city that was called ‘The Squeeze” as it was 5 lanes into 2 lanes for the toll both. The technique for survival was to slowly always head straight ahead and never look to either side and certainly not look at the other drivers!
The ultimate follower of that philosophy was a friend of mine who drove an ancient dirty battered Land Rover ( long before they called it a Defender).

He discovered that even the Edinburgh Corporation busses gave way to him!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well bit of a nice bonus

Hyundai have just confirmed they have transferred the 60K mile service plan from the Previous Kona that was never used as I traded it for the Tesla to my new car. so happy days 60k of services paid for (Thats at least 18 months to 2 years)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
@stageshoot They must get benefit from the shortened testing service you provide as you do 10 years normal milege in 18 months :)
It has seemed strange this last 12 months doing a lot less than normal, only done about 20k total in the last 12 months. Expect to beback up to40-45k a year as lockdown eases.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts