Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I am currently carrying out some research into common faults on electric vehicles and I understand that the best source of information is directly from the users of them!

Aim

My goal is to gain an understanding of what parts are commonly failing on electric vehicles with the intention of creating aftermarket, therefore cheaper, solutions for customers. This would only really benefit users of the vehicles as the cars fall out of their warranty period.

Benefits

There are loads of benefits to this such as cheaper parts, owners will end up with cheaper labour costs as they won't be going directly to dealers and paying dealer prices and standard garages will gain more of an understanding of EV's and repairs reducing the current fear of working on the "unknown". I see the last point being incredibly important as customers won't have to wait for weeks on end waiting for the vehicle to be looked at by the dealer.

Area of work

The parts in question where we would be able to help would be mainly electrical / mechanical-electrical aimed specifically at EV's (PTC, heat pumps, coolant pumps, sensors) or anything specific that an EV would use. We currently supply the ICE industry with EGR, DPF, speed sensors, Air mass meters. As you can imagine we want to be prepared for when parts inevitably begin failing across the EV industry.

Research

I would really appreciate it if people could post what parts have failed on their electric vehicles during their ownership (no matter how insignificant it may appear to be).
To make it a bit easier i've created a template below for replies, feel free to copy and paste it into your reply:

Vehicle Make and Model:
Vehicle year:
Part that failed
:
Rough cost of repair (parts and labour):

Many thanks in advance for any replies,
Daniel

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not going to be very helpful, sorry:

Vehicle Make and Model: Nissan Leaf 40kwh
Vehicle year:2018
Part that failed
:Battery cells
Rough cost of repair (parts and labour): Unknown, under warranty (in fact, within 30 day rejection period)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not going to be very helpful, sorry:

Vehicle Make and Model: Nissan Leaf 40kwh
Vehicle year:2018
Part that failed
:Battery cells
Rough cost of repair (parts and labour): Unknown, under warranty (in fact, within 30 day rejection period)
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately battery manufacture/repair isn't going to be taken on by ourselves at the moment (maybe potentially in the future!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts