Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be increasing numbers who's car has failed the 2.1 update and now requires a new communications module that's on back order. Wanted to create a thread for people in the same situation to chat and let people know when we hear about delivery dates

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
311 Posts
Not sure about a comms module specifically, but mine needs a control unit to get the update completed which is on back order at the factory as of today - my car isn't bricked though, I collected it in the last hour. Strangely the software version shows as 0792, not tested anything yet though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think thats the same as mine - I couldnt remember the exact phrase but control module were mentioned along with the communications / 4g part. Mine was ordered last friday and was showing back order but then gave a date of next monday for delivery but wondering if that was wishful thinking and mine will be on back order too.

Not sure about a comms module specifically, but mine needs a control unit to get the update completed which is on back order at the factory as of today - my car isn't bricked though, I collected it in the last hour. Strangely the software version shows as 0792, not tested anything yet though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm fairly sure that's what happened to my car way back when 2.0 was installed in December. The version on the infotainment screen said 0783 but through January & February I had pretty much every error message I've seen reported by others. As I understand it, 3 modules were replaced on my car in the end, eventually culminating in 2.1 (0792) seemingly being the final resolution.

I suspect those whose cars have had issues going from 0564/0570 straight to 0792 would have experienced the same issues had they been "upgraded" to 0783 in between.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
489 Posts
Mine needs a new comms module and apparently updating to 2.0 even though it says its on 2.0 I think there must have been issues when the car was updated before I collected it in December. Apart from the app not working due to the comms module being foobar its been pretty much ok, just one odd error message that went after the usual IT fix, turn it off and on again!

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
311 Posts
I'm fairly sure that's what happened to my car way back when 2.0 was installed in December. The version on the infotainment screen said 0783 but through January & February I had pretty much every error message I've seen reported by others. As I understand it, 3 modules were replaced on my car in the end, eventually culminating in 2.1 (0792) seemingly being the final resolution.

I suspect those whose cars have had issues going from 0564/0570 straight to 0792 would have experienced the same issues had they been "upgraded" to 0783 in between.
Mine has had 0564 and 0570, there were no issues with it going onto 0783, and I haven’t had any major issues since then. So quite why there’s an issue now is anyone’s guess...

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,850 Posts
The comms unit in mine isn't working for the sos system so has been on back order for several weeks. It is due in about now.
It was working OK after the update to 2.0 but I started getting an emergency phone system error message a week or so later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts