Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had both the Leaf 40 Tekna and now the ZS EV, I have made a video on the differences & similarities.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks a lot for the useful video, Mike. Sounds like I made the right purchase descision too :). I have two questions; firstly, where did you find the HV battery guage figures? It's really useful to know what they're indicating (even if I do have to do the maths in my head!). Secondly, you mentioned you had the Leaf for just 20 months before changing to the MG - did that mean you terminated a PCP contract early? I have a 3yr contract on my MG, but if something really nice comes out, say, mid-next year it would be useful to know my options if I wanted to "trade up".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mike, wanted to say thank you for such a clear, comprehensive review and comparison.

I had a Leaf 40 for about 14 months and changed to a 64kw Kona. The range (250 in the winter, 300 in the summer) is great.... but the space inside, especially the legroom in the back and the boot space, is a real pain. I don’t do many long journeys of 200+ miles in a day (15 per year?), but when I do, I really appreciate the battery size. That said, I’m beginning to wonder whether I’d be better off changing to a MG and having more space.

I’ll book a test drive of the MG and see how it feels. While I recognise that the MG is a cheaper car, if you had to choose between a MG Exclusive and a Kona 64kw SE Premium, which way would you go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts