Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Have you received compensation from a late order?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order went to VW on the 1st December, at which point i was advised of a 1st March delivery date. This has been extended to a build date of 18th June.With delivery estimated a further 6 weeks after this point. A full 9 months from order to delivery.

After much back and forth with VW and the Dealership I have been given no MOBEX, loaner or otherwise. The options in the intervening time have been cancel or wait.

At the point of me picking up the car I am going to pursue a compensation claim with both the garage and dealership. But before I do i wanted to know how others have fared in this quest, and what response I can expect. To my mind, a £1,000 would cover it, that or maybe something they could take from their stock - free roof rack or bike rack? Thoughts welcomed!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have voted haven tried as in fairness the garage phoned me to tell me about the mobex scheme... or rather that the mobox scheme was no more but that they would cover my lease to be extended along with any other associated payments. so i cant complain, as much as i want my new car they can take as long as they like.

Good luck getting compensation though. if im honest i cant see you getting very far but let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it all depends on how you are purchasing the car. As a lease customer I know from experience that if I’d have tried for compensation I’d have been laughed out of the dealer!

I’d say if you are a cash buyer then you might have a better standing in getting compensation.. but I don’t really think you’d get too far, from what I’ve heard off people dealers response has just been well if you don’t like it cancel the order because there’s an orderly queue of people who would happily take it off you!

I personally had a mobex car for around 2 months from end of Jan to end of March when I collected the car, so I was compensated in that way I guess, but I do agree with everything you say, I just think that because the car is so popular it makes it difficult to make any kind of claim.

I’d suggest you’d have more luck going for freebies from the dealer - even maybe a service pack??

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
By the time you placed your order (December 1st) VW were well aware of the production delay because before that date my dealer (who has been brilliant throughout) had already emailed me an update to let me know about the slippage.

So, I'd say your beef is with your dealer for being slack in not knowing/informing you about the situation when your order was placed. Whether they think that's worth compensation to you or not, I'd doubt it. If they have also dug their heels in about mobex it sounds like they aren't the most helpful of dealerships.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't believe everything you read on forums :)

They are still available, I collected my mobex GTD last week and I didn't even have to ask, it was offered without a fuss and gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, I hassled VW customer services and the dealer for several weeks but got nowhere with regards to MOBEX. I guess it is handled on a dealer by dealer basis, with only so many in the budget based on orders received. We are currently at 31 weeks since order, with the car now in the UK. We have managed to get a VW UP in place of our scrappage scheme car as it didn't pass the MOT a month ago.

Stories of conpensation still appreciated as I need to know where to pitch my request once we pick up the blue beast!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,269 Posts
You can claim for quantifiable losses.

What are they?

You can't claim for 'being a bit miffed'.

You can claim for being mislead IF it 'changed your economic behaviour' [in the words of the regulation] which lead to an actual loss. Were you, and did it?

Or you can claim for a failure of performance under a contract, with outcome as defined within the contract for non-performance (and potentially losses),

1 - 9 of 9 Posts