Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Gateshead is one of the few nissan approved dealers, maybe 1 of 2, UK wide that can strip a battery down and replace modules.

Sunderland isn't far away and for most dealers is where leafs with battery problems end up if not shipped to Gateshead.
If me or my family ever had an issue with a battery, personally I would drive or have it recovered to there. It's soo much easier than messing around with other dealers in the middle and just being able to speak directly to the dealer that the vehicle is at.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Gateshead is one of the few nissan approved dealers, maybe 1 of 2, UK wide that can strip a battery down and replace modules.

Sunderland isn't far away and for most dealers is where leafs with battery problems end up if not shipped to Gateshead.
If me or my family ever had an issue with a battery, personally I would drive or have it recovered to there. It's soo much easier than messing around with other dealers in the middle and just being able to speak directly to the dealer that the vehicle is at.
Makes sense

At least it sounds like these are the right people to be talking to

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Actually I spoke to the head of service when they had mine, it’s Gateshead that arrange the transporter both there and back, they are very quick and aim for a 72 hour turn around,

The local garage is out of the loop so to speak so they cannot tell you a date, but Gateshead are very efficient.

Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Do we think its a design fault, from previous posts it looks like mine is one suited in the worst place for heat and cell health
I wouldn't say design fault, just an error in manufacture. It happens when you think about how many cells and modules have been put together.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,906 Posts
Its been a long month,

Lets try again, this was approx 16% if memory serves
View attachment 132690
I think that is worse than @JohnMars IIRC. It is galling when the lowest cell is losing you 20% of capacity.
Personally I do think that the lack of cooling in the Nissan pack is a design fault, exasperated by the rear stack which runs the width of the car. But what do I know?

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
I think that is worse than @JohnMars IIRC. It is galling when the lowest cell is losing you 20% of capacity.
Personally I do think that the lack of cooling in the Nissan pack is a design fault, exasperated by the rear stack which runs the width of the car. But what do I know?
Good god I never noted that SOC discrepancy! Yes you have miles jailed in that pack by an evil weak cell who won’t let them out!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts