Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
Just noticed some condensation in my rear nearside light cluster... Car is Ze50 GT line..
Is this an issue..? do others have this?
Does the cluster mead replacing?

Thanks for any replies guys.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
809 Posts
Yes I’ve got this. Took it into Renault but the ‘couldn’t find the problem’.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Is it possible to unscrew in a nice warm garage? Put lens in airing cupboard overnight, then reassemble with some vaseline on the rubber seal.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi all...
Just noticed some condensation in my rear nearside light cluster... Car is Ze50 GT line..
Is this an issue..? do others have this?
Does the cluster mead replacing?

Thanks for any replies guys.
View attachment 139446
I'd check this video out, it's for a Tesla but all rear lights are manufactured the same.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took zoe into my local Renault dealer today... Service manager came out looked at it then took pictures of nearside one (posted my pic earlier) and the offside cluster. The offside one has the smallest amount of condensation in the same location as the nearside one but its more like a fine mist.
Both being replaced under warranty. He said that once the seal has gone it will only get worse so best to replace both. Being done while I wait on 22nd Jan.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
109 Posts
Took zoe into my local Renault dealer today... Service manager came out looked at it then took pictures of nearside one (posted my pic earlier) and the offside cluster. The offside one has the smallest amount of condensation in the same location as the nearside one but its more like a fine mist.
Both being replaced under warranty. He said that once the seal has gone it will only get worse so best to replace both. Being done while I wait on 22nd Jan.
My rear lights were replaced too, but it's the same issue. Condensation appear again. At the dealer said it is normal for LED lights.

C'mon man, you must be kidding.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my Zoe was in and had the 2 rear lights rubber seals replaced... On Friday.. went out on Saturday to pop to the shops.. the fix had made it much worse... I can only guess when they did the seal replacment in garage workshop it was wanrmish and humid in there.. so when reassembled humid air trapped inside.. so result is now

Service managed did say if issue returns to contact him.. back this Monday to see him.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
670 Posts
My car seems to get a little bit of condensation in them occasionally but it seems to disappear just as quick as it appears so doesn’t really bother me. Let’s hope your new units fix the issue.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
670 Posts
At the dealer said it is normal for LED lights.
This issue does seem to be more common on LED units. Must be because the old incandescent bulbs did dry the insides when on maybe?
Seems to me they need to be fitted when the air is completely dry so moisture isn’t trapped inside. I don’t think it’s a seal issue.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New units just as bad... Dealership have been great but when I looked at some of their cars parked outside they were as bad as mine.. so it seems to be a manufacturing/ design issue.
They suggested as many owners complain as possible to Renault customer services to get the issue pushed upstairs.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,894 Posts
New units just as bad... Dealership have been great but when I looked at some of their cars parked outside they were as bad as mine.. so it seems to be a manufacturing/ design issue.
They suggested as many owners complain as possible to Renault customer services to get the issue pushed upstairs. View attachment 141265 View attachment 141266 View attachment 141267
Maybe Renault should have them made with one of those little packets of silica gel inside?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Or a tiny little heater... Maybe a ventilation hole? Who knows... You would have thought condensation would have been an issue looked at during the design phase.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Rear lights (even LEDs) aren’t new. You’d have thought they’d have got the design sorted after all these years...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts