Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be useful to have a thread to track deliveries.

If you get a confirmed delivery date/ or even an actual delivery from Polestar then please log it here with the date you placed your order.

E.g. Ordered 6th Jun 2020 / Delivery scheduled 30th August 2020 or Ordered 6th Jun 2020 / Delivered 30th August 2020

Apparently builds are coming in ahead of schedule - Here's hoping deliveries will too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I thought it would be useful to have a thread to track deliveries.

If you get a confirmed delivery date/ or even an actual delivery from Polestar then please log it here with the date you placed your order.

E.g. Ordered 6th Jun 2020 / Delivery scheduled 30th August 2020 or Ordered 6th Jun 2020 / Delivered 30th August 2020

Apparently builds are coming in ahead of schedule - Here's hoping deliveries will too.
Interesting. Still haven't seen any confirmed dates for UK customers. The first people to get them here are going to be swamped with requests for feedback! Cheers

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The button for "Confirm order" has become active for me... but I'm cancelling my order later this week, so that I can get one through my employer's company car scheme and save lots of cash :). It does feel like they're arriving a bit earlier than anticipated now which would be superb.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why not keep your order. You might be able to transfer your VIN to the company scheme and not lose your place in the queue

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Tried that - Polestar said it's not possible to transfer an order. I have to cancel it and then let my employer's fleet provider (JTC600) raise an order themselves. I intend to cancel at the very last minute, just before (hopefully) JCT600 place the order, in the hope that the same VIN will end up assigned to me! Sadly I suspect JCT600 will pansy about for a few weeks and I'll end up with a December delivery date. Ho hum. It was so tempting just to click the Confirm button, knowing I'd get the car in just a matter of weeks...

Remember I can only cancel the order within 14 days of placing it, otherwise I lose the £1000 deposit, and the 14 days runs out next Tuesday.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The process is that the leasing company raises a new order, then the VINs get switched so you don’t lose your place.

My advice is do not cancel your order until you have spoken to someone at Polestar who knows what they’re doing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a response from customer support saying that the earliest could be 9th September - Morning Linda delivered car.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hope the weather is good and the journey painless! Full report awaited eagerly!
Which way are you going?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hope the weather is good and the journey painless! Full report awaited eagerly!
Which way are you going?
Thanks. Not sure about the route yet as there was a road closure yesterday but all being well I suspect straight round Cambridge and then towards Milton Keynes etc. We will be leaving fairly early so no rush and hopefully will be able to stop and relax a bit when we first get there.
One thing I've realise from feedback from early testers is that it depends on what you are coming from. People coming from an ipace or big merc or bmw may have different impressions to me coming from an ICE golf.
Very intrigued....

·
Registered
46 Posts
We will be leaving fairly early so no rush and hopefully will be able to stop and relax a bit when we first get there.
The instructions say to get there not more than 5 minutes early, I arrived on time but the signing in and everything else does take some time and leaves less time to look at the outside of one car - no touching (you will be allocated one a bit later) - and also the interior and exterior colour options laid out on a display. Personally I could have done with a few more minutes. Don't get me wrong, the longer test drive - 50 minutes or so is what you are going for and that is well worth it, but a little longer to 'nosey' would have been nice.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The instructions say to get there not more than 5 minutes early, I arrived on time but the signing in and everything else does take some time and leaves less time to look at the outside of one car - no touching (you will be allocated one a bit later) - and also the interior and exterior colour options laid out on a display. Personally I could have done with a few more minutes. Don't get me wrong, the longer test drive - 50 minutes or so is what you are going for and that is well worth it, but a little longer to 'nosey' would have been nice.
Thanks. I wasn't intending on going to the venue until near my time slot, but coming from distance I wanted to get somewhere close and stop for a coffee etc. It'll be interesting to see how the cars look in the flesh for the first time. Just hope they don't get flooded out.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts