Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is I think my first thread (so be gentle) though I do contribute occasionally - I have now test driven the MG ZS EV (deposit holder) and today the e-Golf (I have a Kia Niro PHEV) I have to say I like both cars but the Golf feels superior driving so am conflicted the MG is £24k with paint the eGolf (carwow) about the same with paint but missing things like Pano Sunroof - Rear Camera - Blind Spot and Cross Traffic Alerts etc anyone else in this metaphoric boat also which would you go for? PS have an ID3 deposit but think it will be mid 30k so will most probably back out

·
Registered
16 Posts
And not all forum users are interested in seeing the same post pop up more than once. It's bad netiquette, basically.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate your post I would probably select the same plus choice of colour - I had done a some research so knew most things are options with VW but was surprised finding the demo car had analogue dials (as per MG) the salesman said this is also and optional extra 😒

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was in the same position, early reservation holder on the ZS, had a test drive (which I enjoyed, it’s a decent car to drive), then the deals started coming on the e-Golf and I took a 48 hour test drive and fell in love with the drive, it’s not as practical, I’ve had to spend an extra 1K on “extras” (winter pack, Rev camera, keyless) that tend to be standard in most EVs. Would have liked to have had the active info display and heat pump but that would have been another 1.2K. Also trying to find one In the colour I wanted from UK stock limited choices but I did pick it up yesterday 14 days from ordering. It’s costing me £26.5K all in on 0% over 4 years. More than the MG, but just felt it was a much nicer car, an enthusiastic drive and the lesser range and charging speeds won’t impact me 95% of the year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was in the same position, early reservation holder on the ZS, had a test drive (which I enjoyed, it’s a decent car to drive), then the deals started coming on the e-Golf and I took a 48 hour test drive and fell in love with the drive, it’s not as practical, I’ve had to spend an extra 1K on “extras” (winter pack, Rev camera, keyless) that tend to be standard in most EVs. Would have liked to have had the active info display and heat pump but that would have been another 1.2K. Also trying to find one In the colour I wanted from UK stock limited choices but I did pick it up yesterday 14 days from ordering. It’s costing me £26.5K all in on 0% over 4 years. More than the MG, but just felt it was a much nicer car, an enthusiastic drive and the lesser range and charging speeds won’t impact me 95% of the year.
That looks a really good deal at 0% with added extras is that through VW or elsewhere if you don't mind me asking?

Enjoy your new acquisition 😊

·
Registered
196 Posts
That looks a really good deal at 0% with added extras is that through VW or elsewhere if you don't mind me asking?

Enjoy your new acquisition 😊
It was through my local dealer, I had a few offers via car wow and drive the deal, but these were factory built. I could have shaved around £750 off the price, but that would have meant it arriving post November 1st, and given everything else with what could be going on, I wanted to remove the risk, so had to choose from in country stock, but all dealers have access to this and can reserve them for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was through my local dealer, I had a few offers via car wow and drive the deal, but these were factory built. I could have shaved around £750 off the price, but that would have meant it arriving post November 1st, and given everything else with what could be going on, I wanted to remove the risk, so had to choose from in country stock, but all dealers have access to this and can reserve them for you.
Brill thanks for the info already contacted a localish dealership and hoping to hear back soon 👍

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Brill thanks for the info already contacted a localish dealership and hoping to hear back soon 👍
I would be very interested to hear how you get on with regards to a deal.
If I don't like the MG ZS EV - then I many turn to the e.Golf if I can find a dealer who is remotely interested in selling me one that is !.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would be very interested to hear how you get on with regards to a deal.

If I don't like the MG ZS EV - then I many turn to the e.Golf if I can find a dealer who is remotely interested in selling me one that is !.
Will do

1 - 15 of 15 Posts