Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

This is my first e car and the user manual would confuse NASA - one manual for every model of Corsa known to mankind. I'm just trying to work out how to see what mileage my car has done, and how many miles I've got left before I need to recharge it.

Also the regenerative charging seems to work without setting the control lever to 'B'? Is this correct.

Thanks for your patience with a rookie question!

Chris

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
The user manual is useless! Mileage should be visible in the main dash display when you get the vauxhall start up logo when you get in the car and bottom left on the main dash screen while the car is on.

Range meter is bottom right on the main dash screen. Looks just like a normal fuel gauge as they haven't changed it to a better percentage one.

Regen happens in D as well. It's stronger in B. I have mine in B usually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The user manual is useless! Mileage should be visible in the main dash display when you get the vauxhall start up logo when you get in the car and bottom left on the main dash screen while the car is on.

Range meter is bottom right on the main dash screen. Looks just like a normal fuel gauge as they haven't changed it to a better percentage one.

Regen happens in D as well. It's stronger in B. I have mine in B usually.

Many thanks

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,169 Posts
HI All

This is my first e car and the user manual would confuse NASA - one manual for every model of Corsa known to mankind. I'm just trying to work out how to see what mileage my car has done, and how many miles I've got left before I need to recharge it.

Also the regenerative charging seems to work without setting the control lever to 'B'? Is this correct.

Thanks for your patience with a rookie question!

Chris
Here's a link to the pdf version of the latest manual although it is, as you have noticed, one manual for all versions of the Corsa: Corsa- manual July 2020

Your car's mileage is shown in the lower-left corner of the binnacle. Your remaining range is a work of fiction that is shown in the lower right of the binnacle. It is usually referred to as the GoM (Guess-o-Meter). It will try and guess the remaining range based on several factors including your recent driving style together with such things as the outside air temperature, air conditioning setting and other things. There are 2 trip computers you can use, accessed by the rotating knob on the left-hand stalk.

Also, if you have the 10" infotainment screen, you can see the cars cumulative efficiency in the graph for each journey. This is probably a better indicator of the range you have if you use a little bit of maths. The battery is 50kW (approx 47kW usable) and it is easy enough to calculate your total range from 100% charge. For example, if your efficiency is showing 4.0 miles/kWh, then your approximate range is 4.0 x 50 = 200 miles. The efficiency will vary depending on many factors including how heavy footed you are and the temperature, weather etc.

Also, you have a horizontal bar graph of the battery sectioned into 8 segments from 0% to 100% SoC (State of Charge). Each segment is 12.5% of charge. If you want to be extra safe and cautious, you can plan on each segment represents 20 miles of range. So, if you have 2 bars remaining, you have at least 40 miles of range left and you may want to consider recharging at this stage.

Apart from when the battery is above 95% SoC, the car will regen whether in D or B mode. It's just much less in D mode.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a link to the pdf version of the latest manual although it is, as you have noticed, one manual for all versions of the Corsa: Corsa- manual July 2020

Your car's mileage is shown in the lower-left corner of the binnacle. Your remaining range is a work of fiction that is shown in the lower right of the binnacle. It is usually referred to as the GoM (Guess-o-Meter). It will try and guess the remaining range based on several factors including your recent driving style together with such things as the outside air temperature, air conditioning setting and other things. There are 2 trip computers you can use, accessed by the rotating knob on the left-hand stalk.

Also, if you have the 10" infotainment screen, you can see the cars cumulative efficiency in the graph for each journey. This is probably a better indicator of the range you have if you use a little bit of maths. The battery is 50kW (approx 47kW usable) and it is easy enough to calculate your total range from 100% charge. For example, if your efficiency is showing 4.0 miles/kWh, then your approximate range is 4.0 x 50 = 200 miles. The efficiency will vary depending on many factors including how heavy footed you are and the temperature, weather etc.

Also, you have a horizontal bar graph of the battery sectioned into 8 segments from 0% to 100% SoC (State of Charge). Each segment is 12.5% of charge. If you want to be extra safe and cautious, you can plan on each segment represents 20 miles of range. So, if you have 2 bars remaining, you have at least 40 miles of range left and you may want to consider recharging at this stage.

Apart from when the battery is above 95% SoC, the car will regen whether in D or B mode. It's just much less in D mode.
Many thanks for all this.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
I wonder if you happen to know how to re-initialise the low tyre pressure warning device. I got a warning on the screen and corrected the low pressure tyre but can't seem to be able to reset the device to remove the warning icon ?!

Hope you can help

Corsacan

Can't actually find it. The description in the manual is crap frankly. I think it's in the infotainment system under the car and service or similar. I've definitely used it a couple of times.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey (Due Sept 2021)
117 Posts
It may just be a case of you drive for a while and it goes off. My Insignia has it and i had the warning after having a new tyre fitted, once i had driven for a short while afterwards the TPMS system sorted itself out and started reading correctly and the warning went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts