Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had a search of the forums and online in general and discovered that PCH vehicles usually come without a V5C document (I'm hoping someone tells me this has changed as it would make everything else easy). As most of you probably already know, to apply for congestion charge discount a V5C document is required, how have other PCH vehicle users gotten around this?

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
Hi all,

I've had a search of the forums and online in general and discovered that PCH vehicles usually come without a V5C document (I'm hoping someone tells me this has changed as it would make everything else easy). As most of you probably already know, to apply for congestion charge discount a V5C document is required, how have other PCH vehicle users gotten around this?
Who is the PCH with?

When we leased our Zoe we had the V5 and the car was registered in our name.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PCH is through Lookers VW though the finance agreement is with VWFS and I've just confirmed with my dealer that VWFS will keep hold of the V5C.

I wonder if others also received their V5C as you have.

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
The PCH is through Lookers VW though the finance agreement is with VWFS and I've just confirmed with my dealer that VWFS will keep hold of the V5C.

I wonder if others also received their V5C as you have.
So they get all the speeding fines? Maybe they’ll give you a copy?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they get all the speeding fines? Maybe they’ll give you a copy?
Apparently so, I've heard they just pay them and send you an invoice, sounds horrible as I won't be able to challenge anything, I'm interested to hear other people's experience here though, I'm sure I'm not the first to go for a PCH deal with VW :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My Outlander is leased and I had to contact the lease company for a copy of the V5C which I forwarded on to cclondon alongside the application (I converted it from .bmp for .pdf I think...)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Outlander is leased and I had to contact the lease company for a copy of the V5C which I forwarded on to cclondon alongside the application (I converted it from .bmp for .pdf I think...)
Sounds good, Although I called my dealer who said VWFS have the V5C and then called VWFS who said the dealer has the V5C :(

Fortunately I emailed TFL and they were happy to process my application with sufficient proof that my car met the correct emissions. Sent them a printout of the vehicle enquiry service from gov.uk along with my lease hire agreement :). Got an approval the next day! Honestly thought they'd take a lot longer and I'd have to wait for VWFS and my dealer to sort out who had the V5C so happy to be able to drive into work so soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts