Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question really, do I need to register for this or do they just know from your registration number? I'm not likely to be in London much but of course will take the Leaf when we are, since it's free! Or at least I'm assuming it is! Anyone know anything about it please?

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Just a question really, do I need to register for this or do they just know from your registration number? I'm not likely to be in London much but of course will take the Leaf when we are, since it's free! Or at least I'm assuming it is! Anyone know anything about it please?
Not only do you need to register you have to send a copy or your reg docs as proof. It takes about 10 days and will cost if I remember £10

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
And yes, of course they know from your registration number (just like they know my Guzzi is a bike) - they just choose not to make it that simple :mad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really shouldn't be surprised, should I? Money grabbing government :( oh well. I guess I won't bother then, unless we actually need to go into London. What a rip off!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
We drove into the centre of London last night to the theatre (dirty rotten scoundrels since you ask) and found working charging post right opposite theatre. Source east card worked so free parking and free charge, brilliant. Odd thing was it is supposed to be 7kw but didn't even charge at half that rate, very weird, but gave plenty to get us home :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
£10 registration fee is hardly a rip off when the daily charge is £11.50. You only have to go once in the year to benefit from registering!
It covers the administration. My only disappointment is you can't register online

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Daily Con charge is £10.50 if you register your car and card online (somehow they manage this without an admin charge), second class stamp is 53p so you would need to be going in at least twice in the year to benefit. ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
We drove into the centre of London last night to the theatre (dirty rotten scoundrels since you ask) and found working charging post right opposite theatre. Source east card worked so free parking and free charge, brilliant. Odd thing was it is supposed to be 7kw but didn't even charge at half that rate, very weird, but gave plenty to get us home :)
Sounds worth trying, I'm a bit rusty in parking in theatreland - are there many chargers about there and will they only work with source east cards.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sat nav found one in exeter street no problem. I tried one in stratford earlier in the day which accepted my source east card to open door but refused to charge. I also checked 2 in the stratford international car park which , whilst working, are in bays repainted as "disabled" - presumably due to lack of use. They should also accept source london cards but I would be wary about relying on finding a vacant working one in London. But it's a bonus when you do !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts