Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my i3, I was able to track the progress of the charge by logging onto the App. This seems to have stopped working last week, so now I log on and all I get is the status when plugged in (i.e. it currently shows 8%, which is where it was when I plugged into the 7 kW post at work 2 hours ago). The charging icon is pulsing and the end time for the charge is showing. I noticed when I charged to 100% yesterday that it updated once the charge was complete, but not at all until that point.

I just went out to the car, bluetooth turned off on my phone so it didn't connect locally, pressed the start button and then 30 seconds later, the status on the App updated.

Any ideas how to get this function back?

·
Registered
57 Posts
This happened to me on Friday and Saturday, so I ignored the app thinking it may be that even the iPad app which goes to the portal wasn’t updating the Charge status so could be BMW.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I pressed the start button, I got an update to show 43% charged. Now, it's still showing the same, so dropped back to being non-responsive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apologies, I hadn't noticed this thread and have just posted about exactly this issue here:

I've also noticed that the State of Charge (SOC) on the app is no longer updating when our car is charging - I first observed this a few days ago (17/10/2019). It updates immediately when I unlock the car, but no longer in between locking and unlocking.

I've contacted BMW and they advised me to update Connected Drive from the car and re-install the app after 24 hours.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since we have a consistent issue that started at the same time, it seems likely that an update has caused the issue. I'll have a look at the menus and see if there is an update recorded on the car, and try and update again if possible.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Since we have a consistent issue that started at the same time, it seems likely that an update has caused the issue. I'll have a look at the menus and see if there is an update recorded on the car, and try and update again if possible.
I wouldn‘t hold your breath. This issue happens from time-to-time but it is usually limited to the App. Try accessing Connected Drive via a webpage and you may well find that it is working normally. FWIW, my App is working fine and I am on the latest IOS beta.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldn‘t hold your breath. This issue happens from time-to-time but it is usually limited to the App. Try accessing Connected Drive via a webpage and you may well find that it is working normally. FWIW, my App is working fine and I am on the latest IOS beta.
Webpage had same issue this weekend as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since iOS 13 has appeared there has been 3 further updates so not sure if this is having any effect on the reading of data from vehicle to the app on iPhones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Both the app and the website are reporting a SOC of 26%, last updated yesterday at 2014 - 22/10. It’s now 0450 on the 23/10, the car has been on charge since 0215 but neither the website or the app reflect the current SOC. According to my charger, the car has taken 20 kW of charge in that time so should be over 75%.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Both the app and the website are reporting a SOC of 26%, last updated yesterday at 2014 - 22/10. It’s now 0450 on the 23/10, the car has been on charge since 0215 but neither the website or the app reflect the current SOC. According to my charger, the car has taken 20 kW of charge in that time so should be over 75%.
Charged my i3 last night and everything is fine as far as the App /webpage are concerned. BMW CD may well suggest that you need to connect your phone to the car via USB as this can often resolve the problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All, I had similar problem on Monday, pulsating charge status but no updating on charge level. I even went and got car checked as on 7kw charger in car park. Had assumed poor data connection from car. The car is now parked in same car park and app is updating fine. I am running iOS there have been updates to IOS13 in last few days now on 13.1.3 so perhaps issue fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All, I had similar problem on Monday, pulsating charge status but no updating on charge level. I even went and got car checked as on 7kw charger in car park. Had assumed poor data connection from car. The car is now parked in same car park and app is updating fine. I am running iOS there have been updates to IOS13 in last few days now on 13.1.3 so perhaps issue fixed.
I’ve been running iOS 13.1.3 since last week - was actually wondering if this caused the issue, but then noticed that the Connected Drive website is also not updating.

Have sent screenshots to BMW support.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is not working, ipad App cant login timeout or authentication error. Called the help line and asked to update services on the car which will take upto 24 hours. Rep said there had been some issues so to try tomorrow after updating the services option in the connected drive setting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts