Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to tell if the Connected app is actually working.

I have the Connected app on my android that requires a 4 number digit to open but it doesn't seem to have as much info as the one I saw at the dealers.

From this app I can connect to the 'BMW ConnectedDrive Portal' but this seems to just give me a list of everything I am connected to.
I then have to log in again that takes me to different page with the list of services showing again and I can also see the weather and I managed to send a destination to my car from here but it is a pain having to log in twice.

Perhaps that is the extent of what is available?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I have the Connected app on my android that requires a 4 number digit to open but it doesn't seem to have as much info as the one I saw at the dealers.

From this app I can connect to the 'BMW ConnectedDrive Portal' but this seems to just give me a list of everything I am connected to.
Silly question but have you got the correct App? What's it's version etc? Haven't got an Android or a 225 but I thought you were still able to control and access vehicle data on that car.

BMW Connected !

·
The best there is at what I do
10,570 Posts
The Android App and web versions are different, there is much more functionality on the web, there isn't a map tab in the android app just a destinations where you can add destinations, it allows you to save favourites as well.

Could be you have an older version somehow if you go to settings then about it will tell you the version you have, mine is 6.1.1.5396.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the iOS app I can tell if the car is locked, remotely lock it, remotely turn on climate control. (These have worked so far when I've tried them)
Allegedly I can find the vehicle although I have location turned off on the car so I've not tested it.
The display of whether the car is currently charging mostly works, but not the expected 'complete by' time.
v 10.1.4.1506

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Allegedly I can find the vehicle although I have location turned off on the car so I've not tested it.
I can find mine despite the fact that it keeps turning off the location setting and warning me that I won't be able to find my car :rolleyes:

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be you have an older version somehow if you go to settings then about it will tell you the version you have, mine is 6.1.1.5396.
I've checked and have the correct version.

I've had a couple of messages on the phone saying to get full functionality I need to click on the BMW connected app in iDrive but I can't find it on my car.

Will also look at the app on my laptop and see how different it is.

Thanks all for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts