Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there. I am connecting a anywave srt18 allowing me to get DAB channels etc and still use the original nav, display and buttons on steering wheel.

But I need to locate the 12V DC, earth, ignition power and + wire on one speaker. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

See bottom picture on left side, I guess this is for the speakers? And I wild guess is that the red wire might be a + cable to one speaker?
Where I hold my finger on the right side is the connector for power etc? I guess I will hook up the adapter to the red, black and yellow wire?

The FM antenna cable didnt fit my adapter. Anyone know what adapter for the cable I can use?

·
Registered
559 Posts
@Bigdrago
To check your speaker connections, you need to get a +9volt battery and a resistor of about 20-50 OHm in series (to protect the voice coils). Put the connectors to each of the terminals to identify each speaker in turn, you will hear a crackle as the speaker is found. First make absolutely sure the connector is the speaker only one! You don't want to shove a current up the canbus!
There is a manual here you can use to identify the plug wiring: workshop_manualcaps

This is a link to my dropbox account.

Take a close up shot of the aerial and sockets so it can be identified.

Cheers Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts