Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my phone autoupdated ios14 some apps were not connecting or not carrying out functions. I had to use my works phone connected to the same account and card to operate Ecotricity among many others.
Yesterday the patches reinstated these apps and my phone is now back connecting ok.
Works IT said it was because someone (me) had set phone on auto update. My works phone won’t get ios14 until they think it is past teething so works phone saved me from not being able to charging Carr.
Looks like I caused my own problems and my cursing of technology is my own fault.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,683 Posts
Are you sure it was your phone? There was a reported outage of all Tesla remote functions...check internet for more details. Actually, here it is:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Are you sure it was your phone? There was a reported outage of all Tesla remote functions...check internet for more details. Actually, here it is:
How does that affect logging into the Electric Highway app? Especially since @Troy owns a 62kWh Nissan Leaf.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hold on a sec, you setting auto-update on does not make you responsible - apple are the villains here, who shouldn't release software that breaks things, or the app writers themselves are responsible for not updating their own app to match OS updates (which they should be warned about) - please don't start accepting blame for something outside of your responsibility. The fact that updating is not sensible has nothing to do with the user. Blame every f**ker else, not yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts