Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am considering a UsedVW Golf GTE I need to carry 2 ebikes on a towball Bike Carrier I think these cars can have a towbar fitted

Also what are peoples views on the Car overall are they reliable the one I am Looking at is 2020 so still has balance of Warranty

Thanks a Lot
Myles

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi

I am considering a UsedVW Golf GTE I need to carry 2 ebikes on a towball Bike Carrier I think these cars can have a towbar fitted

Also what are peoples views on the Car overall are they reliable the one I am Looking at is 2020 so still has balance of Warranty

Thanks a Lot
Myles
It is a good car. I have a towbar fitted to mine ( for towing a boat rather than carrying cycles), works fine.

Like all PHEVs it is a complicated beast and as such keeping the warranty extended is a good idea. That said the simplicity of EVs seems to be offset by the price when things go wrong on them (judging by some of the posts in the full EV forums).

To make a GTE worthwhile you need to maximise your electric miles. It works best for people like me who do a high proportion of short journeys that can be all electric and for who an EV has limitations (in my case cannot tow a trailer).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts