Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Considering Leasing a Zoe Expression on PCP

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  CaptFish 
#1 ·
Howdy folks, does anyone have experiencing of haggling a deal with a Renault dealership for a Zoe? I'm currently driving an old banger of an ICE Mondeo (1.8l petrol) and do between five and six thousand miles a year. I've been seriously looking at a Zoe, having had one for a fairly decent test drive last week. My current motor costs me £175 a month for everything, except servicing and repairs. Does anybody have any experience of getting a monthly cost of somewhere at or around this figure for the Zoe Expression? I've seen an advert on TV only yesterday which described 0% APR from a dealer in Bradford, though I haven't found it on the dealer's website - does anyone know any more about this?

I've a few other considerations. I'm not bothered about most of the gadgets that come with most cars these days. The priorities for me with a new Zoe would be range (the car needs to be able to travel about 120 miles a week), having a rapid charger (I'm on call on occasion and after office hours I could get called back to work within a few hours (my longest journey would be about a 50 mile round trip, thereabouts), a satnav (my Tomtom has just died), and a place to plug my ipod in. I'm not bothered about size, colour, reverse camera, steering wheel controls, etc...

A few more questions if I may:
1 - Does anyone know if the Zoe expression can be pre-conditioned (I'm not bothered about not being able to do this remotely)?;
2 - Does the expression have a heat-pump for more efficient in-car heating?
3 - Does it have a standard 3-pin plug charger for charging at domestic electrical sockets?;
4 - What are the costs for the chargecards I've heard of (from Chargemaster, PodPoint, Ecotricity and the like (i.e. is there a subscription and then a further charge for the amount of electricity used?);

Sorry to bother you, but if on reading this thread you have the answers, particularly if you have a Zoe Expression, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. I'm a newbie here, and am still learning to navigate around this forum, so if you can signpost me, that would be helpful and appreciated.

Best regards,

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
1 - Does anyone know if the Zoe expression can be pre-conditioned (I'm not bothered about not being able to do this remotely)?;

Yes

Yes

3 - Does it have a standard 3-pin plug charger for charging at domestic electrical sockets?;

No - £400 or negotiate hard with the dealer

4 - What are the costs for the chargecards I've heard of (from Chargemaster, PodPoint, Ecotricity and the like (i.e. is there a subscription and then a further charge for the amount of electricity used?);

£20 for Chargemaster
£0 for Ecotricity
Podpoint have an App so you may be able to get away with PAYG

#5 ·

Yes

Yes

No - £400 or negotiate hard with the dealer

£20 for Chargemaster
£0 for Ecotricity
Podpoint have an App so you may be able to get away with PAYG
Thank you for the advice and the information :)

#3 ·
Advice - check all your paperwork in detail before leaving.

We agreed a decent deal at Evans Halshaw Doncaster but the dealer didn't insert the finance part of the paperwork in the pack they handed over with smiles, and has ignored every phone call and email since.

DSG Morecambe seem to have a good reputation on here. They actually offered us a better deal by phone, but we thought a local dealer would be easier to deal with.

Big Mistake!

Good luck.

#4 ·
Advice - check all your paperwork in detail before leaving.

We agreed a decent deal at Evans Halshaw Doncaster but the dealer didn't insert the finance part of the paperwork in the pack they handed over with smiles, and has ignored every phone call and email since.

DSG Morecambe seem to have a good reputation on here. They actually offered us a better deal by phone, but we thought a local dealer would be easier to deal with.

Big Mistake!

Good luck.
Perfect - thanks for the info, and the advice.:)

#6 ·
To add balance, I've dealt with Evans Halshaw & they were both the cheapest & the most knowledgeable.

I was very happy with the service I received, as are the 6 other people I've recommended them to & who bought Zoes from Evans Halshaw.

#12 ·
Welcome @Dave Dunbar , try Greenhaus Renault in Shrewsbury - very good for me.
Don't buy outright just go for PCP as tech is developing so quickly you can chop it in in a couple of years, and don't get hung up on the %APR as the guaranteed final value that they offer will have much more impact on your costs than the interest rate.
With any luck you will get the whole car and battery in your budget and all the fuel savings will be the icing on the cake !!
Good luck

#16 ·
Welcome @Dave Dunbar , try Greenhaus Renault in Shrewsbury - very good for me.
Don't buy outright just go for PCP as tech is developing so quickly you can chop it in in a couple of years, and don't get hung up on the %APR as the guaranteed final value that they offer will have much more impact on your costs than the interest rate.
With any luck you will get the whole car and battery in your budget and all the fuel savings will be the icing on the cake !!
Good luck
I'd heard that it might be more agreeable to lease for a couple of years because of frequent tech improvements, but I'd forgotten all about the final guaranteed value - so many thanks for reminding me!

#13 ·
My current motor costs me £175 a month for everything, except servicing and repairs.
After looking at the costs, the PCP blows most second hand ICE's out of the water when you factor in free breakdown cover, no MOT, no car tax, cheap servicing, manufacturers warranty and the chance to drive a really fun car.
As @kentish zoe points out, the tech is changing every few months so go for a 2 year PCP.
The deals from Renault for secondhand will have to be good when you hand the keys back as the market will be flooded with Zoe's and hopefully be a buyers market.
If it isn't then you've lost nothing.

Reactions: Dave Dunbar
#17 ·
If you are not interested in keeping the car I would not be bothered by the final value. Think about it like hiring, it's the PCP + battery hire + deposit + fee. That's it, count it up for the lease period and you have your overall costs. Final value, discounts and so on are only interesting if you want to take ownership of the car afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.