Welcome back Donald, we need more posts from the grey beards😀Regrettably no, but is a route to ensure permanent damage if the battery has started sulphating.
Basically, manufacturers seem to be trying to 'save electricity' (more range) by deliberately (through ignorance) under-charging lead acid.
I think this is sheer ignorance from a digital-electronics generation because all the grey-beards have retired.
What happens is the hydrous lead sulphate turns to solidified lead sulphate and will not resolvate in the battery acid under charge.
Worse of all, get the charge just a little bit low but not much and you end up with one or two of the 6 cells sulphating.
Then you can't tell anything at all. The battery might, for example, look like 10V open circuit when in fact only 2 cells are badly discharged.
It's a nightmare to try to figure this out and the only way (short of old fashioned ways involving draining out battery acid and weighing it .. another post for that) is to give it a desulphation charge, this is a series of pulsed over-voltages which turn the solid sulphate back into spongy.
It is an absolute and total classic way to kill a lead acid by 'charging' it at less than 13.5V whilst it is also forming part of a circuit, which is precisely what some of these companies are doing.
In an ICE, batteries get a good blast of 14.4V for a long time after they have done their cranking business, to get them topped back up. This is a life saver for the battery and any that are routinely held up to 14.4V (and higher still for AGM) will last for years.
So, all of you, every one of you, just get a high quality desulphation charger and blast your battery with that cycle every so often over a weekend. You are then very unlikely to see a problem.
This is a problem purely of the manufacturer's own creation, because they got rid of engineers like me that know this stuff, as a false economy to try to save money (at their customer's expense, so all they end up with is lost business).
Lead acid chemistry is quite a black art. In fact, the commonly held ideas of how it even works (chemically speaking), like wikipedia might offer, are clearly wrong. It's a magical mystery!