Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
9,744 Posts
You quoted my post so you must have read it. I actually said that FFS
You seem to have trouble with quoting, good job I spotted your reply!

I got your point, I was wondering how many people have done that, could be a lot based on my own choices overt the years, but that’s just me.

I also said that for many people how a car looks doesn’t really come very far up the list. How do you explain the Fiat Multipla otherwise…

If you don’t want to discuss something, it’s fine, it shouldn’t be adversarial.

·
Registered
214 Posts
the MG5 is nearly there… but the waistline crease on the sides is just slightly too high - makes it look not quite right imho. Still there in the facelift…
The MG5 borrowed a VW Passat front and a Ford Focus rear. The face-lift has its own front, but doesn't change the rest of the car. Wait for a whole new model, when I'm sure it will have its own design. MG has been improving very quickly, and like many Chinese cars it borrowed heavily from European cars, but now they're starting to have their own designs. Much like the Koreans and Japanese did in the past.
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think all models of Tesla are really boring looking. They are the Ford Focus of the EV world. Common as muck and just dull. Do you remember that scene in Kevin and Perry Go Large on the housing scheme where every house had a ford focus in the drive? I bet there are quite a few neighbourhoods like that these days with Tesla's rather than Fords.

I am quite good at being able to identify cars out and about on the road but I have a hard time telling the difference between the the model 3, S and Y.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I am quite good at being able to identify cars out and about on the road but I have a hard time telling the difference between the the model 3, S and Y.
Surely that's true of nearly all brands these days with a consistent corporate styling. Viewing an Audi/BMW from the front would be hard pressed to tell the difference between hatchback, saloon, crossover and SUV.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm starting to eye up a replacement for the Zoe which goes back next year, if only on a speculative basis (although the way lead times are I probably should gave ordered last month for next August).

I veer from, "Sod, let's go large" to "It's just you in it five days out of seven, do you really need anything bigger than an ID3 size?" I popped into the local Hyundai dealer this afternoon as I was wandering around town and had a good look at the Ioniq 5, which only cemented my opinion that I really like it. But it's too damn big. The Kona is probably a better size but it smells of Honda Jazz, and I'm only in my mid 40s.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Surely that's true of nearly all brands these days with a consistent corporate styling. Viewing an Audi/BMW from the front would be hard pressed to tell the difference between hatchback, saloon, crossover and SUV.
That is true about Audi and BMW. They too for the most part are, and nearly always have been, boring to look at. I think most car companies that give their cars numbers rather than names tend to design boring looking cars. At least BMW did something interesting with the i3 I suppose. The Korean , Italian, French and Japanese brands make the most interesting cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agree with the OP and would add that I hate the MY interior but I am seriously thinking about ordering one as it fits my needs as an electric car.

I think if the exterior and interior styling were just average instead of awful I would have already pulled the trigger. Although I must admit that the firm suspension is also a concern as I know to my cost that what you find acceptable over a test drive can literally become a pain over time.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
34,790 Posts
(I deliberately didn't post in the MY forum, as it doesn't seem fair to pollute that forum with my opinion :) )

In full preparation for the incoming hate.......

I've just seen my third or so MY in real life this week, and God! The Model Y is an ugly, bland (if that's not an oxymoron), hump-backed, miss-mash of childish, immature design features - it looks so poor in real life; no style or grace from any angle.

The M3 is ok, even if it does look like a 7 year old drew it and a little bland and inconsequential, but somehow sticking a bike pump in it and inflating it really hasn't worked.

This is a real shame as Tesla's battery and drivetrain engineering is without equal, by quite a long stretch, but their design dept? ........(n):cautious::rolleyes:.

There. I've done it.....I feel better now.......perhaps time to not check the forum for a while ;)
It's your opinion and you're welcome to it!

Personally, I've always considered the Model S to have an aged and hackneyed styling.

But not content with late 90's/early 2000's styling for their cutting edge introduction, they seem to have simply used a stretch-and-squeeze feature on the Model S design to make all the others, ever since.

I mean, I recon you can photoshop a Model S into any other model by just enlarging some parts of the image and shrinking others, with a bit of aspect ratio change. Seems to be 'by design' that they are like that, but the original design was a bit pants.

With a bit more stretching and squeezing, I reckon Elon will arrive at a Fiat Multipla Mark 1 and realise that it's really the most practical and ideal family car, I mean ..... the Y really isn't far off the Multipla now ..... just a slight mod on the bonnet line and a more upright screen and we're pretty much there, I think? :devilish:

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's your opinion and you're welcome to it!

Personally, I've always considered the Model S to have an aged and hackneyed styling.

But not content with late 90's/early 2000's styling for their cutting edge introduction, they seem to have simply used a stretch-and-squeeze feature on the Model S design to make all the others, ever since.

I mean, I recon you can photoshop a Model S into any other model by just enlarging some parts of the image and shrinking others, with a bit of aspect ratio change. Seems to be 'by design' that they are like that, but the original design was a bit pants.

With a bit more stretching and squeezing, I reckon Elon will arrive at a Fiat Multipla Mark 1 and realise that it's really the most practical and ideal family car, I mean ..... the Y really isn't far off the Multipla now ..... just a slight mod on the bonnet line and a more upright screen and we're pretty much there, I think? :devilish:
At least the Fiat Multipla is interesting looking. Maybe not interesting in a good way, but interesting. Tesla's are just so generically boring. The only interesting Tesla's are the original Roadster, the Cybertruck and the new Roadster. One of them is a Lotus Elise and the other two don't actually exist yet.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on order, Due for delivery early January 2022.
73 Posts
I 😍 the style of my Peugeot e-2008 but being a modified ICE model is it classed as a real EV?.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

To see stylish EVs go to YouTube, there's dozens of videos of fabulously designed existing and new 2022/24 models. I personally swoon over the Mercedes EQS below:

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Pick yours and post here.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts