Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having gotten used to the Ampera automatically locking the doors when I walk away from the car, I have started to forget to lock the LEAF these days.
Surely there must be a setting to make the LEAF Accenta auto lock the doors with the keyless entry fob without having to press the door handle button each time. Have I missed it in the manual somewhere?

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Unfortunately the intelligent key is only so intelligent... For your scenario of walking away from the car, you still need to press the button on the handle to lock it. As far as I know.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks James, I thought I might have missed some setting or other as I thought most 'keyless' cars locked themselves if required.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Whilst on the subject of door locks, is there a setting to auto lock the doors when driving off?

On most cars you can activate it by holding down the door lock button for a few seconds. Doesn't seem to work in the Leaf.

Is there another method or does it not exist?

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Dealer/service center should be able to adjust this, but if you want to do it yourself you would need the LeafSpy App and Bluetooth ODBII plug to make the change to the cars settings. Might be worth finding someone with the kit rather than spending the money just to make the change.
The App allows you several options with how the doors lock and then how they unlock.

·
mk1 leaf 13 plate
173 Posts
Hi try this:

Turn the car on and then hold down the lock/unlock button in the lock direction for about 5 seconds until it beeps and the parking lights flash. Holding it down in the unlock direction triggers the auto unlock with car off on and off:D

·
mk1 leaf 13 plate
173 Posts
Just found this:
You need to close all the doors and then place power ON

within 20 seconds of switching on you need to hold the UNLOCK switch for more than 5 secs

the hazard lights will then flash twice

repeat to deactivate if required

1 - 15 of 15 Posts