Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
What do you mean by Smart? As in the same as the the Rolec Smart unit? If so, I don't believe that they sell the smart module separately.

If you mean can you make it turn on and off remotely, then Yes if you fit a suitable switch to the CP line.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@dk6780 Yes, I mean is there anyway to add a Smart Module.
Planning to change to Octopus's Agile Tariff and need ability to control the Charge Unit.

Switch on and off is not an issue as I do it through the Car App.

What Smart Unit is recommended to buy without installation? I can replace my current one myself.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
There is no standard "Smart" module. A number of us on here have fitted SonOff / eWeLink type devices into the Control Pilot line to interrupt that when we want to suspend charge, and use something like the IFTTT commands developed by Octopus to control it. However the control of it all is a bit manual as you have to program the cost each day.
If that's all too manual or off-piste for your, its probably best to sell your existing unit and fit one with Agile integration such as the Ohme or ChargedEV Smart+

·
Registered
390 Posts
There is no standard "Smart" module. A number of us on here have fitted SonOff / eWeLink type devices into the Control Pilot line to interrupt that when we want to suspend charge, and use something like the IFTTT commands developed by Octopus to control it. However the control of it all is a bit manual as you have to program the cost each day.
If that's all too manual or off-piste for your, its probably best to sell your existing unit and fit one with Agile integration such as the Ohme or ChargedEV Smart+
Are those the only two to fetch and use the Octopus daily schedule?

I know pod-point went on about a lot for ages?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
There's not that degree of integration. All it does is allow you to set a time or a maximum price, you have to work those out daily.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Couple of screenshots below showing a charge session on Thursday night/friday morning last week on the indra/chargedev unit and octopus agile.

Paid 23p for 51.8kWh.

Charged at a lower power in the evening, and then power ramps up overnight to meet my 7am ready by time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
@Mike Schooling
You are doing well to consume 51.8kWh into your LEAF :unsure:
LEAF got rear-ended a few months back. I'm in a Model X on a short term lease while repair is sorted.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts