Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst topping up the windscreen washer tank I noticed the coolant expansion tank was empty.

So I grabbed some 50/50 coolant and began to top it up. As soon as I started to pour coolant into the tank it started burbling and I noticed coolant was pouring out of a pipe on the front of the electric motor block!

I didn't immediately click, at first I thought there must be a cap missing, only when I grabbed my phone to take a picture did the penny drop, and that the hose next to the pipe was meant to be attached to it!

No idea how long its been like this, whats arose is the position of the print hose clip suggests the clip was never actually attached properly as it was a bugger to move when I reattached the hose and couldn't have slipped that far back.

Now have to go and grab more coolant as I only had a small bottle.

Wonder how long that hose has been loose? It was only pure chance that I was topping up the washer bottle.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bought more coolant and topped it back up. Took 1l of coolant and 1l of water to bring it back mid way between Max and Min marks. Glad this happened on my driveway and not whilst out and about!

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. But I don't know when this happened. Perhaps I was lucky and it only became detached today and didn't get hot enough to trigger a warning? Only done a couple of local journeys today.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only three months old so not been near a dealer yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts