Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
40kW Leaf having its second annual service today. The dealer advises that the coolant needs replacing due to its age. Does anyone know when the motor/inverter coolant should be replaced?

They also advise having the air con gas replaced at a cost of €374! I think i can live with slightly inneficient air con system if any gas has been lost over the 2 years.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Surely some mistake - it's between 5 and 8 years elsewhere so I can't see why it should be different in Ireland? Given the cost of the aircon service I'd suggest that you are taking it here:

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
40kW Leaf having its second annual service today. The dealer advises that the coolant needs replacing due to its age. Does anyone know when the motor/inverter coolant should be replaced?

They also advise having the air con gas replaced at a cost of €374! I think i can live with slightly inneficient air con system if any gas has been lost over the 2 years.
All nonsense and time to find a dealer quoting unnecessary work.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Its the Nissan main dealer. Glad I bought the 3 year servicing package! After that it's time to find a good independent.
Even with a servicing package, it's not a good idea to let a dealer fiddle with things that don't need it like Aircon.

I would say something like 80% of the car problems I have ever had have been caused by the servicing.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
As above, 5 years is the recommendation in Europe, 8 in the USA. How long are you planning to keep the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealers are good at upselling things that you don't need,helps the profit line.
They offered to do the air con when my car went in for its first service,gave a polite no thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,419 Posts
9 years, 75k miles, original aircon gas still in mine. Heater fluid has been changed either once or twice, but inverter and transmission fluid is original.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Yes, Nissan long life. The issue is that it doesn't get hot enough which is probably helped by New Mexico temperatures but not Alaskan ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts