Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed an increasing number of cars have these now, they seem to use the front fog lights? (I think?)
Does the E-Nrio UK spec have them?

·
Registered
60 Posts
They were called cornering lights on my 2012 Ceed. Didn't fully check the spec sheet for my 2016 one. Pretty nice on unlit roads.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have them on my Golf, but didn't realise they were fitted until I drove the car at night several weeks after I got it. They are actually the foglights, but also perform the cornering function too. I wouldn't rate the cornering function as being hugely useful. Still, better it being there than not I guess.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My outgoing Ceed has them in the adaptive headlamps. They only function on Auto mode though. Turns the headlamp instead of lighting a seperate bulb.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sadly not on the 1st edition , I really miss them , on dark country lanes they make a massive difference. My £13000 Hyundai has them.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly not on the 1st edition , I really miss them , on dark country lanes they make a massive difference. My £13000 Hyundai has them.
Booo, seems unlikely that the MY20 model will have them then.
Seems odd considering that it can't be that tricky to implement, presumably a simple link between the indicators, steering and fog lights?
Maybe the argument is that the running lights are pretty low to the ground anyway? (Do they stay on when the headlights are on?)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
DRL's are on all the time, but are for others to see you and not much help in lighting the road ahead.
Lights on the Niro aren't great, especially noticable as I drive the Golf with LED's most of the time. If you are used to Halogens then they are OK but coming from good LED's they seem rather dull.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went out last night in my Ceed and do find they are particularly useful on tight corners to see the kerbs, saves clipping the alloys........ will mis the feature if removal.
Personally if they remove the £3500 grant I will have to think hard as to whether I buy in the end as that will increase the price by £5000 (15%) over the first edition and I don’t know if I can justify that. I really wanted memory seats and that is missing.
Ah well let’s hope the grant stays I’ve waited 8 months now.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DRL's are on all the time, but are for others to see you and not much help in lighting the road ahead.
Lights on the Niro aren't great, especially noticable as I drive the Golf with LED's most of the time. If you are used to Halogens then they are OK but coming from good LED's they seem rather dull.
Yeah, various reviews seemed to imply that the lights aren't the best. Presumably better on the MY20 model with LEDs?

Went out last night in my Ceed and do find they are particularly useful on tight corners to see the kerbs, saves clipping the alloys........ will mis the feature if removal.
Personally if they remove the £3500 grant I will have to think hard as to whether I buy in the end as that will increase the price by £5000 (15%) over the first edition and I don’t know if I can justify that. I really wanted memory seats and that is missing.
Ah well let’s hope the grant stays I’ve waited 8 months now.
It's a tricky one with regards to the grant, it's not like the cars are likely to get any cheaper in all probability. But yes, it does hike the price up somewhat, not sure what I'll do if it gets removed either!

My Kona has them as standard. They are not fog lights they are specifically cornering lights.
Weird, wonder how manufacturers justify the inclusion or not? (Well money...)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good to know, still think it's slightly odd they've not set them to come on as you corner but hey ho.
Would have been another selling point, too. I'm just leaving the fogs on, on the back lanes for example. They are no brighter than the DRLs to look at and don't dazzle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts