Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Lets hope they put some budget aside for maintenance otherwise you end up with the usual council bodge of dead chargers because no one is responsible for maintaining them.

Even better they will use the money for allocating land and getting electricity supply in and then getting out of the way and having a company like instavolt or maybe Gridserve to put some hubs in with at least 4 charegrs rather than scattering them in single units on council premises nowhere near main routes.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup the latter would be my choice. It’s all well and good councils put in these things but they’re the first to fall by the wayside when budgets are tight. I’d almost argue that there should be some legal contract that whoever owns a charging network must by law maintain them for the life of the unit. After all, these things are insanely powerful and best case the thing doesn’t work, worse case they degrade to the point where someone gets hurt And I’ve seen some older units with wire damage and connectors in a shoddy state As I’m sure we all have at some point. In Sheffield where I live the council are just replacing the old low power columns with rapids but I think the liFe network are running them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts