Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I dont get the problem. Never enter peninsula before being fully charged at Exeter. Exeter is 120ml from lands end so you only need a little from where ever is convenient to do the day trips. You would obviously top up as you passed Osprey at Redruth. More than enough. Range anxiety has a lot to answer for even when it does not exist.

There is a campsite near Newquay that has the full range of chargers.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
There's a very nice farm shop and cafe off the A303 near Honiton at Heron Farm. A couple of 50 kW Instavolts that seem reliable, and the cafe there, the Vineyard Kitchen, is very good.
You have done it now-never be able to get a charge there again. Another victim of its own success

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Raise the question are people
1) stopping for grub but might as well plug in even if not needing to charge.
2) " needing to charge
3) Needing a charge and might as well spend time eatting/drinking

I think too many people belong to 1) because that is what range anxiety does.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The problem is IF the vast majority only plug in when they stop for food there there will never be enough charging. The spike in demand for food at middayish will create a spike in charging that can never be satisfied as it is unecononomical to have that capacity of charging. Even petrol stations could not cope with that behaviour!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I doubt the problem is with Gridserve but more the probaility that the DNO will not put them on the list for infrasture mods/connection until they actually have planning permission and then the waiting time clock starts. This chicken/egg situation you see happening all the time particularly in the Western Isles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts