Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,504 Posts
There is a campsite near Newquay that has the full range of chargers.
If it's the one I think you mean, they were reported broken when we stayed close by last year. And the Instavolt at Padstow was out of action because of re-siting. We relied on the Shell Recharge at the services at St Columb I think it was. Had it not been for that, we would have had to brave the old Ecotricity units at Cornwall services shudder

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,504 Posts
Cornwall Services (Gridserve) was supposed to be getting a major upgrade "by the end of this year" reported in June 2021, but it doesn't seem to have happened. Anyone have more recent information?
It looks to me like the best approach to exploring that part of Cornwall is to stay a little further inland and make daily trips to the bits between St Ives and Land's End.
There's a couple of Ospreys near Camborne which should be a reliable bet, if a bit distant.
Penzance allegedly has 7kW chargers at both Sainsbury's and Tesco, but you'd have to schedule a long stay there to get a useful amount of charge.
St Ives ought to be a good place for a few chargers. (but doesn't seem to have any)

I'm pretty sure that has been done and they are working well now. I very much hope so because I'll be staying close to Padstow in a few weeks and I am relying on them, even if I have to visit them in unsociable hours to avoid queues. My e-Niro should get to any point in west Cornwall and back from there
Yes it has been done. I recall the tweet from IV when it went back on line. It was down for about 2 months I think, so it could be shifted from in front of the gates to the next door factory.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,504 Posts
There's a very nice farm shop and cafe off the A303 near Honiton at Heron Farm. A couple of 50 kW Instavolts that seem reliable, and the cafe there, the Vineyard Kitchen, is very good.
We stopped there on our trip to Devon in April. In fact, we made a bit of a detour to go there after visiting Sidmouth as we like a nice farm shop.

Very nice cafe. But to be fair, describing it as a farm shop is a bit of a stretch. There a few jars of jam on a shelf inside the cafe. It's basically a nice cafe, in the middle of the countryside, with a small vineyard round the back.

Decent chargers. Well, they are IV, so they will be. But it's didn't meet the picture I had in my mind of a large farm shop with a sizeable car park. I never expected somewhere so small to have Instavolt chargers installed. It was almost as if they were in someone's garden. ;)

Unless there was a whole other bit we didn't see?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts