Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I doubt the problem is with Gridserve but more the probaility that the DNO will not put them on the list for infrasture mods/connection until they actually have planning permission and then the waiting time clock starts. This chicken/egg situation you see happening all the time particularly in the Western Isles.

·
Registered
2021 Lexus UX300e
2,598 Posts
Charging provision has to be profitable, and for most of the UK, there seems to be a rush from charge suppliers to put them in almost everywhere along the major trunk routes. Holiday destinations which have much less traffic outside peak periods in summer will have to think differently.
Holidaymakers bring in a lot of money to Cornwall and so it makes sense for local councils to fund their provision, including maintenance and even subsidising the cost of electricity. When I was there last, I noted the high cost of parking at tourist destinations, so some of this income could be used to fund chargers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No chance it could be ready for Wednesday then???? I've actually charged at someone's home in Falmouth courtesy of plugshare and just waiting for him to bill me, he thought around £8 but as he was running on part solar he needs to do some maths. Also arranged to charge tomorrow via Zap a bit further away near a walk we want to do. Otherwise not much in the way of rapids round here. Either way I have enough to get me to Exeter services, if I manage to charge to 80% tomorrow then can dive into Mollies at Cribbs causeway. To latest poster, if you're concerned about changing then I would try to arrange something privately through Zap or plugshare.

·
Registered
Kona 64kw Premium 2022
662 Posts
At Cribbs I have used Mollies, MFG and Instavolt at McDonalds. Personally I prefer the MFG site opposite the Nissan Dealer as there are more chargers and better (in my view) facilities.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts