21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
463 Posts
They could at least have got the name of the virus right.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
My wife teaches/audits Health and Safety, she visited a plastic container firm on Monday and they said that all the preparations for Brexit actually means they are covered and have enough materials in stock to last for months. Who knew that Brexit would actually be an advantage....

·
Registered
463 Posts
My wife teaches/audits Health and Safety, she visited a plastic container firm on Monday and they said that all the preparations for Brexit actually means they are covered and have enough materials in stock to last for months. Who knew that Brexit would actually be an advantage....
Well the stockpiles may be a short term local silver lining.
The COVID-19 outbreak is a global problem. Its a time where alignment and cooperation and common standards help a great deal. We need alignment to be able to fast track vaccine development and production for instance...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Those books never get old :) But the most philosophical tale I've ever read was Terry Bisson's "They're made out of meat". That story puts into context the human condition:
The only thing that dated "Fit the First" was the barman being impressed when told to "keep the change" from £5 for 6 pints of beer. IIRC, back in 1978 it was around 23-25p per pint.
BTW - The radio play came first. The books followed.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,176 Posts
I've just mentioned this to the salesman while placing an order for a new EV and he thought I meant that I was worried about catching Coronavirus from the vehicle :rolleyes:
They carry computers on them these days, and computers get viruses.

You're not taking this seriously, are you?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts