Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer said today that new orders from Korea will be subject to 6 weeks delay AT LEAST due to coronavirus lockdown. Of course once the factory in czechoslovakia comes delivers that will help, and that's primarily aimed at european orders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a delivery date of around 20/4/2020. Does anyone know if that will be an Ulsan order or a Czech factory order. Dealer hasn't given my any details.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Presumably still dependant on chinese wiring loom?
And a Korean battery pack?

I suspect that a lot of the European factory is 'just' assembly, like many others. The sheet metal is likely done on site, and painting obviously, but most of the rest will come from other factories, near or far.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Johnson's, Oxford. My guess is they are guessing as much as anyone.

PS. Our car is in the country so just awaiting relocation to our dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lucky you! And thanks for the reply. I'll check again with Hyundai Bletchley (Milton Keynes). Mine was originally due early May so it should be in production now or very soon.

Chris

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,170 Posts
And a Korean battery pack?

I suspect that a lot of the European factory is 'just' assembly, like many others. The sheet metal is likely done on site, and painting obviously, but most of the rest will come from other factories, near or far.
The press release states they'll be using EU-sourced battery packs. I think they'll most likely be from LG Chem across the border in Poland.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
most likely be from LG Chem across the border
I wonder if the cells will be made there or imported from another country. It's the actual cell manufacture that requires the difficult 'clean room' technology and AIUI that capacity has been a limitation on supply. I assume they are building more 'fabs' to meet demand, much as they did for computer memory when PCs spiked 20 odd years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts