Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my ZOE yesterday and am due to pick up my Corsa-e on 1st September, so I have been looking at all the YouTube Corsa reviews to familiarise myself with the car as much as possible.

I have noticed that the Opel Corsa-e Elite Nav reviews show the Following Distance button on the left steering wheel controls, where all the Vauxhall ones do not have this button. I am concerned about this as ACC was one of the deciding factors for opting for this car. Advanced Lane Keep Assist depends on ACC, so would also be missing. I have looked on the online configurator and it states the following as included as standard:

"Cruise control with speed limiter and intelligent speed adaptation (K34)"

"Lane departure warning with lane assist (UHX) and Lane positioning assistant (UJB)"

Then I noticed on this forum, this thread: e208 GT being delivered without Driver Assist Plus. - which makes me think that they are related.

Can anyone confirm that current models have the advertised functions?

The controls are shown below:

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
I pick up my ex demo electric Elite nav this week so I can check. I'm fairly certain it's dumb cruise only which after having ACC before I doubt I'll miss it. New Zoe doesn't have ACC either I don't think.

Have you found a proper user manual for the electric version of the Corsa on vauxhall's site yet? I can find the one for the new corsa but it's full of guff about checking engine oil so I don't think it has any EV specific info.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you found a proper user manual for the electric version of the Corsa on vauxhall's site yet? I can find the one for the new corsa but it's full of guff about checking engine oil so I don't think it has any EV specific info.
That's probably the one I found too, even though it says it's for the electric version. It does have some charging info though, and a section on the electric drive unit.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
I probably gave up after the mentions of engine oil.

They've mushed them all together so the EV specific stuff is buried after engine oil warnings. Honestly. One panel on the warnings about still being plugged in and that's about it.

Finally, page 113 starts on the electric drive unit which isn't mentioned in the contents page. There's about a page on it.

Interestingly the manual mentions ACC so you'd assume the electric one had it!

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
192 Posts
Hi. Got mine yesterday. No acc or advance lane assist. Mine is opel brand, in Ireland.

i wasnt expecting it though as the online brochure on opel ireland website states what features come with the car. I did look at the uk brochure too and its not included there.

it seems that the pre release demo versions that the journalists were given to review did have it So many local review sites say its included, even opel irelands press releases say it has it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
It's misleading to have it on press cars then not have it on the same trim level for the normal ones.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
The cruise control related buttons are also very similar looking. It's only the one with a small car on it on the steering wheel that is for ACC.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The strange thing is that all the hardware is there (RADAR and front-facing camera), so it should just be a software tweak to enable it.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,401 Posts
The top line e-208 GT has adaptive cruse control, so it's odd if the Corsa-e Elite Nav doesn't have it. That's a big negative factor for me. I love the adaptive cruise in my e-Golf.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The top line e-208 GT has adaptive cruse control, so it's odd if the Corsa-e Elite Nav doesn't have it. That's a big negative factor for me. I love the adaptive cruise in my e-Golf.
It's a bit weird. On the Peugeot the top spec (GT) is reserved for EVs, while on the Corsa the top spec (Ultimate) is reserved for ICEVs.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
I didn't play with the cruise control at all so I'll have to test it another time. I'm fairly sure it doesn't have the adaptive one as that has a little car shape on the button.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
192 Posts
The strange thing is that all the hardware is there (RADAR and front-facing camera), so it should just be a software tweak to enable it.
My last car 2019 A-class Mercedes had radar and front facing camera but no ACC. I spoke with a retrofitter who said they can add ACC but would have to change the radar as it was a cheaper / less accurate version that the cars that come with ACC and not good enough for ACC. Im not sure if Opel have done the same thing here and used a cheaper component.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
That sounds like car manufacturers all over. Add the cheap one to save 37p but don't have a feature that's probably high on people's list and several ££ onto the options.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This YT video posted a week ago clearly shows the ACC controls:
It also mentions a heat-pump; do all Corsa-e have a heat pump, or is that another country specific feature?

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
192 Posts
This YT video posted a week ago clearly shows the ACC controls:
It also mentions a heat-pump; do all Corsa-e have a heat pump, or is that another country specific feature?
what is the heat-pump for? is this the same as liquid cooled battery or something else?

despite the no ACC I really like driving my corsa and it looks great too.
All my friends were taking the Micky out of me for ordering a corsa but now they see it they think it looks great. (I wish it wasn't called a corsa though - maybe just Opel-e would have done :) )
My dealer had it on charge all day waiting for me to collect it but hadn't realised it wouldn't charged until they did the checks and activation so I got it with only about 50KM on the GOM. in fairness he did say he would charge it and give me their demo model as a courtesy but I took it anyway and went to our local Tesco that has a 50Kw css charger. I was surprised to come out of the shop 30 mins later and have a really good charge in the car. I got 30KWh in 34 minutes.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The heat pump is like air-conditioning in reverse. It warms the air inside the car much more efficiently than a purely resistive electrical heater, which means that it doesn't impact the range as much in the winter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts