Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just picked up a Corsa I thought folk might be interested in how it drives and how it compares to a Leaf 40. I've only had it a few hours so there will be things I haven't found out.

First impressions:

It's far perkier and more sporty than the Leaf. It's generally enthusiastic about accelerating rather than doing it grudgeingly. Ride is firmer. Steering is weighted differently so there isn't that 'slack' feeling the leaf has. It feels more direct. There is a bit more wind and road noise but it's not bad. A few bumps have been a bit crashy.

Switch gear on the Corsa is cheaper feeling by a mile. But ergonomics are better. Heated wheel button is actually on the wheel not miles away in a bank of invisible buttons. Adjustability is better as you have steering wheel reach and rake. You also have a foot rest for your left foot. I didn't miss it until I had it back again and realised it's actually quite useful. I never liked the gear knob on the Leaf either. The normal Auto stick shifter is much better although it's slower to find reverse as you have to go through N rather than just wanging it straight into Reverse like you can on the Leaf.

Seat padding of the Corsa seems thinner but a bit softer. Seat in the Elite is half leather with leather outers and cloth inners which to me seems the right way round. Not sweaty leather in the middle and markable alcantara on the outside.

B mode is present on the Corsa but until you've used enough battery it doesn't do anything. This also gives the slightly grabby brake feeling as it doesn't slow up much then you hit the brake and the brakes are more immediate than the ones on the leaf. Once the regen starts working it seems a lot smoother.

The info display with navigation in the dashboard display is loads better than in the Leaf. You have everything right in front of you orientated to the way you are going. So much easier to follow than the Leaf. There isn't a battery percentage on the battery remaining display. It's got chunks instead.

Reversing camera is quite clear. Panoramic rear view seems a lot clearer and higher resolution than on the Leaf (or my camera was a bit grubby) The top down view is there as well but it's got a blank space where the forward camera could fill in. It's supposedly fitted with one for other features so why it can't be included is a mystery.

Until B Mode started working properly I did start to think I'd made a mistake as B mode is what I live in.

Storage inside the car is a bit smaller. The middle cubby which was my crap-o-rama bin in the Leaf arm rest is narrower in the corsa but a similar shape. Some tetris will be need to get all the crap in the boot that I carried in the Leaf in the Corsa and leave room for actual things I actually need to carry.

The stereo is fine. It's clearer than the Bose but the bass extension isn't there. But it's not as bloomy in the bass either. I think it's more like the one in the Zoe R90 if anything.

E Pedal and ACC aren't on the Corsa. Not sure how much I'll end up missing them. It's got dumb cruise though.

·
Will it ever happen ?
251 Posts
I've got it on a 24h test drive, nice to say my Rolec mod works ( Mercedes was right! ) so I can charge it in 7 hours I like the 50 kwh battery with around 190 mile range. boot space is small, it has not got a hold on it ( for waiting at the lights ) I think it is a good car for the money.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the money they are quite good and apart from the 208 there is little else for the money with all the features.

I've not noticed lack of auto hold as the Leaf didn't have it. I just stick the EPB on and then drive away as it releases automatically.

Boot space is a bit small but fortunately just big enough for what I generally use it for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts