Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you rapid charge the Corsa E can you have the stereo and heating on like you can in the Leaf? The top whack corsa has the heated seats/heated wheel and full LED headlights. It's only really missing the proper 360 camera system.

Is there a remote pre heat app thingy like the Leaf (or ideally one that works quickly and reliably)

I've seen the odd ex demo at not much more than I paid for the Leaf so I'm considering dumping it and getting a Corsa E. Boot is smaller which is annoying but the lack of range is really really annoying on the Leaf.

The Leaf is quite soft riding. Is the Corsa a lot firmer? I quite like the squidge ride of the Leaf. It it's teeth rattle firm then I'd have to stick with the Leaf and consider the Leaf 60 instead.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron
26 Posts
I haven't had a Corsa E however my previous ICE Corsa did have an app that allowed locking, could flash the headlights, set off the horn/alarm, had inbuilt Wi-Fi etc so I would say you'd be able to condition the vehicle remotely etc. A quick google also suggests the 'MyVauxhall' app has this functionality. I would imagine being able to use heating, etc whilst it is charging is fairly standard nowadays. Considering you can enable it remotely, would also support this theory.

Mind, I think a 360 camera on a Corsa is fairly overkill, I could just about throw it in any space with only a glance end up between the lines every time without fail as it was so small!

I'll let someone whose test driven a Corsa E comment on the ride quality as my experience was of a sporty variant that had factory hardened suspension, though I imagine it'll be fairly soft/comfortable for any other model considering it's a small family car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can start heating on the Zoe remotely as well but the double press of the power button like I do in the Leaf doesn't allow use of heating and radio. Fans work and radio stays on for about 10 minutes. Leaf let's you use it all for any amount of time.

I did see a YouTube video suggesting 120 km/h range for the corsa E was all of 150 km so it's no real improvement on the Leaf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts