Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you rapid charge the Corsa E can you have the stereo and heating on like you can in the Leaf? The top whack corsa has the heated seats/heated wheel and full LED headlights. It's only really missing the proper 360 camera system.

Is there a remote pre heat app thingy like the Leaf (or ideally one that works quickly and reliably)

I've seen the odd ex demo at not much more than I paid for the Leaf so I'm considering dumping it and getting a Corsa E. Boot is smaller which is annoying but the lack of range is really really annoying on the Leaf.

The Leaf is quite soft riding. Is the Corsa a lot firmer? I quite like the squidge ride of the Leaf. It it's teeth rattle firm then I'd have to stick with the Leaf and consider the Leaf 60 instead.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
39 Posts
I haven't had a Corsa E however my previous ICE Corsa did have an app that allowed locking, could flash the headlights, set off the horn/alarm, had inbuilt Wi-Fi etc so I would say you'd be able to condition the vehicle remotely etc. A quick google also suggests the 'MyVauxhall' app has this functionality. I would imagine being able to use heating, etc whilst it is charging is fairly standard nowadays. Considering you can enable it remotely, would also support this theory.

Mind, I think a 360 camera on a Corsa is fairly overkill, I could just about throw it in any space with only a glance end up between the lines every time without fail as it was so small!

I'll let someone whose test driven a Corsa E comment on the ride quality as my experience was of a sporty variant that had factory hardened suspension, though I imagine it'll be fairly soft/comfortable for any other model considering it's a small family car.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can start heating on the Zoe remotely as well but the double press of the power button like I do in the Leaf doesn't allow use of heating and radio. Fans work and radio stays on for about 10 minutes. Leaf let's you use it all for any amount of time.

I did see a YouTube video suggesting 120 km/h range for the corsa E was all of 150 km so it's no real improvement on the Leaf.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Anyone? Possibly looking at a discounted Elite Nav this week if a non appalling trade in is offered...

Leaf driving position has started to aggravate again so I need to find one with height adjust on seat and steering wheel reach and rake. I seem to need all 3, especially steering wheel reach.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
190 Posts
Hi. Hoping to get my nav elite in next couple of days. (Was meant to be last week though).
Im fairly sure the app allows pre conditioning and have read new features will be added before end of the year like digital car key.

im sure the car i test drive also had fully adjustable steering wheel and definitely had a raisable seat.
one of the existing owners will confirm.
It does have 12 parking sensors which is cool. And the over head view while not proper 360 does build up a fake 360 image as you reverse which is handy.

·
Registered
vauxhall corsa e elite nav
79 Posts
MyVauxhall app for Corsa-e owners. If you’re an iPhone user go to ‎MyVauxhall

I believe there is an Android equivalent.
If I go into play store on both my android phones I cannot find the myvauxhall app but if I google it its there but won't load to my phones but loads to the wife's phone from the play store.

·
Registered
vauxhall corsa e elite nav
79 Posts
Managed to get connected to the car with myvauxhall but only on the wife's smartphone it appears my phones are not smart enough:ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts