Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many EVs will fit in my drive but these two close relatives ought to do it. But I can't see much significant difference between them. The stick up screen looks a little awkward on the Peugeot. Both have very sensitive brake pedals that would take me a while to get used to.

Thinking about getting a dog. Have your dogs expressed a preference?

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
There is no difference in drivetrain, battery, etc. as both are same platform. The Peugeot is more stylish but less ergonomic inside - many struggle to see dash properly due to the small steering wheel. The Peugeot claims to have a bigger boot, but it is still smaller than the new Zoe.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no difference in drivetrain, battery, etc. as both are same platform. The Peugeot is more stylish but less ergonomic inside - many struggle to see dash properly due to the small steering wheel. The Peugeot claims to have a bigger boot, but it is still smaller than the new Zoe.

I had a look at one yesterday and immediately had the problem seeing the dash. I pumped the seat up a couple of inches and it was OK. But you're right, not good design. I did look at the Zoe, now that there's a DC charging option, but it's too wide. Which surprised me, I've always thought of it as one of the smaller EVs, but they are all putting on weight.

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
I had a look at one yesterday and immediately had the problem seeing the dash. I pumped the seat up a couple of inches and it was OK. But you're right, not good design. I did look at the Zoe, now that there's a DC charging option, but it's too wide. Which surprised me, I've always thought of it as one of the smaller EVs, but they are all putting on weight.
Yes the Zoe is tubby as I noticed when putting in our garage recently! Was just as well it has folding electric windows! Do you need long range or would the Seat Mii work?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,182 Posts
Was just as well it has folding electric windows!
Was that an optional extra because I can’t find that feature on my GT Line? ;)

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,182 Posts
I found these videos helpful, as they were almost back to back and by the same reviewer:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not many EVs will fit in my drive but these two close relatives ought to do it. But I can't see much significant difference between them. The stick up screen looks a little awkward on the Peugeot. Both have very sensitive brake pedals that would take me a while to get used to.

Thinking about getting a dog. Have your dogs expressed a preference?
My puppy sits it the back, appropriately secured, but he still manages to get his paws and head in between the fronts seats.
Regal0008.jpg

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, those comparisons are very useful. They distinctly favour the Peugeot in just about every respect (except headroom). Only bombshell is a vague statement that the Electric model is slightly wider (in the comparison video). Now the standard E208 specs I have give the width a couple of centimetres narrower than my old LEAF. I don't have much tolerance for extra width. But it looks like only a 15mm difference. 1754 vs. 1739. That's still significantly narrower than the LEAF at 1770 (ex mirrors)

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
Was that an optional extra because I can’t find that feature on my GT Line? ;)
Ha. Meant to type mirrors and got a bit confused!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have just bought a Coras e, and my first was a cast off from my Dad a Corsair with crossply tyres soon changed those or else I would not be here.It seems lot smaller than our old Mark 1Leaf which is what we wanted.The interior is more conservative than the 208 and better for that in our opinion. Brakes seem more like an ice car but in B mode more like our Kona with regen level 1.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7.4kW
42 Posts
Curious that he felt the e-208 drives better. I test drove both back to back and I thought the Corsa felt a bit nippier and had less roll. That being said I preferred the styling on the 208, both interior and exterior but in the end price won out as the e-208 GT was considerably more expensive for what I got the Corsa Elite Nav for as were every other electric car bar the MG.

Plus with Brexit looming and most likely a 10.6% increase I just went for it. Should be getting delivered next week.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I have no issue with seeing the dash

only when you turn the wheel and that’s the same with any steering wheel

the 3D dash is amazing

the styling is amazing

but the form factor is the same

it’ll be down to looks really

I love the interior of the e208

JJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have just bought a Coras e, and my first was a cast off from my Dad a Corsair with crossply tyres soon changed those or else I would not be here.It seems lot smaller than our old Mark 1Leaf which is what we wanted.The interior is more conservative than the 208 and better for that in our opinion. Brakes seem more like an ice car but in B mode more like our Kona with regen level 1.
B Mode should be the default if you ask me, note you get heavier regen on the brake pedal as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no issue with seeing the dash

only when you turn the wheel and that’s the same with any steering wheel

the 3D dash is amazing

the styling is amazing

but the form factor is the same

it’ll be down to looks really

I love the interior of the e208

JJ
I'm happy with the more conventional inside on the Corsa-e I never get on with touch-sensitive controls. I could not find a e-208 as "cheap" as I got the Corsa-e (if you can call £2400 before the paint option cheap)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious that he felt the e-208 drives better. I test drove both back to back and I thought the Corsa felt a bit nippier and had less roll. That being said I preferred the styling on the 208, both interior and exterior but in the end price won out as the e-208 GT was considerably more expensive for what I got the Corsa Elite Nav for as were every other electric car bar the MG.

Plus with Brexit looming and most likely a 10.6% increase I just went for it. Should be getting delivered next week.
What surprised me is that he thought the brakes were "woolly" on both. When I tried the Corsair after my LEAF I found them really fierce. Different in B mode?

Haven't had a test drive in the e208 yet. Expect to on Tuesday. I want to try it in my driveway as part of the test drive, but they seem to only be doing very short test drives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I find the styling of the Peugeot much better than the corsa, I appreciate that is a personal preference however.

I’ve got an e-208 on order, due next month🤞When test driving I found it nicely supple and that it flowed well, certainly not full of body roll nor an overtly firm ride. Felt it to be pretty well judged, especially considering it’s an EV, ergo heavier than ICE. For reference this was GT, which is what I’ve ordered.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7.4kW
42 Posts
What surprised me is that he thought the brakes were "woolly" on both. When I tried the Corsair after my LEAF I found them really fierce. Different in B mode?

Haven't had a test drive in the e208 yet. Expect to on Tuesday. I want to try it in my driveway as part of the test drive, but they seem to only be doing very short test drives.
I mean I never had an issue with them but I guess it depends what you are used to. My partners Honda Jazz for example, you breath on the brake pedal and it’s like you’ve slammed the brakes on, to me that’s crazy but she is very much used to it so a car with more progressive brakes probably feels spongy to her.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just spent some time at the local Peugeot dealer and I've discovered a big issue: There's no stock! If I wanted more than the basic model then it would have to be a factory order, delivery around March. Of course by then we'll probably be on WTO terms which might put another 10% on the price. I was at the desk, all ready to sign up, but the poor salesman went to check stock and, so, lost the sale.

They did offer to drive the car round to my house to test it in the drive, but only when the sale was progressing.

Vauxhall seem to be in a better position, but they have stocking issues too. They're also offering a 48 hour test drive, which would allow me to check sizes etc..Having had a brief test drive in each I'd prefer the e-208, but it's looking like I might end up with the Corsair-E.

Apparently only allowing 10-15 minute test drives is a Covid rule which they can't make exceptions to. Likewise test drives must be unaccompanied. The second makes some kind of sense. I mean if you're not going to infect the car with Covid in the first 15 minutes, how likely is it in 45?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts