Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The charger installation cos are seriously taking the p... with their cost of fitting.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well I got mine 2nd hand from ebay and installed it myself (and paid electrician to connect it and register with local supplier) for about £175

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That will be the cheaper option, fortunately not everyone knows how to do it.

Maybe we could form an installer community and makes the installation for other users nearby :)
I wold be up for it as long I get a cuppa tea and a couple biscuits :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before some scroat or other works out that chargers have a second hand value and they're just screwed onto the wall at the front of the hours. It might be worthwhile changing the securing screws for security ones.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before some scroat or other works out that chargers have a second hand value and they're just screwed onto the wall at the front of the hours. It might be worthwhile changing the securing screws for security ones.
Mine have those star allen key with the pin in the centre on the cover of the charger and only then you can take it out.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Screwfix sells most bits needed to remove these.
Where do you think I got my ones? ;)

But stealing wall pods will take longer than the average thief will be willing to dedicate. Normally these guys are opportunistic and will take what is easy.

·
Registered
899 Posts
As we've seen on another thread, they're prepared to jack up the side of a Prius and cut a catalytic converter out, that must take a few minutes. I appreciate that most security screwdrivers are readily available but that means a bit more preparation for a thief. The other option is to fill the heads of the screws in with glue or paint, it takes me ages to remove it!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,869 Posts
Now you know why I spent Friday afternoon fitting internet-viewable CCTV cameras at my house!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts