Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the DNO visit on Friday for an inspection as part of my EV charge point install process and they said that I'm looped with my next door neighbour so will need a new cable running to the meter box from the road (single phase).

Will I have to pay for this? If so, does anybody know the cost?

The distance from the pavement is about 8 metres, with the first 5 metres of that across a narrow grass lawn between my house and next door, and the final 3 metres should be able to be run where gravel is between the 2 sets of paving slabs.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
No, you should not have to pay but make sure that they reinstate your property properly.

Is it definitely you that requires the new cable - you'll only have a single cable coming into your meter cupboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, you should not have to pay but make sure that they reinstate your property properly.

Is it definitely you that requires the new cable - you'll only have a single cable coming into your meter cupboard.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes - definitely me that has the single cable, and next door has the loop.

The lady doing the survey was really helpful and said she'd even hand deliver me the plans/authorisation paperwork to speed up the process as she lives quite locally, and would try to get the team booked in to do the work before the end of the year, but we'll see. It's a right pain as I get my car on the 23rd so will have as a best case senario a couple of weeks without a decent charger (as even once works completed, will then need to wait for an install date for the charger from Smart Home Charge), and more likely several weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts